Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Being Sick Stinks!!! >

Being Sick Stinks!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Being Sick Stinks!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 01:31 AM
Fork Horn

Take care of yourself rafsob.....pneumonia really sucks.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Semi you can get a shot in that foot and fix you right up. Lidocaine, decadron, and depo-medrol injection would fix you right up.
Yeah Greg, I saw that in my research. But I've been avoiding it because I seem to shoot myself in the foot too often these days. I decided to try the most conservative approach first and have been using Ibuprofen, stretching exercises, and heat/cold applications. It seems to be working. If it's not gone by next week I'll go with the steroids.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Semisane
Yeah Greg, I saw that in my research. But I've been avoiding it because I seem to shoot myself in the foot too often these days. I decided to try the most conservative approach first and have been using Ibuprofen, stretching exercises, and heat/cold applications. It seems to be working. If it's not gone by next week I'll go with the steroids.
I saw that one coming even before I read it. Good one Semi!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Get well friend. I was out this morning with the flinter and will probably be heading out again shortly. But with everything that has transpired this year, I just don't have the 'drive' I normally have. Being out there this morning I was thinking to myself that "I don't really need to shoot another deer so what in the heck am I doing here?" Normally I enjoy just being out. But not right now. I know when I do see a deer filtering through the brush that the blood will begin pumping again. That's what I am hoping for.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Thanks for all the kind thoughts guys. I agree with what DAve said about colds and deer season. In the last five years I have had pneumonia, bronchitis, upper respiratory infection and influenza. Maybe I will have a good season next year?!?!

I will not be able to make any of this season. this saturday is the last day. However, the last two weeks of January will be an extended turkey season and I should be able to get some of that in. I have a lot of scouting and work to do so I figure I can hunt in the morning and work in the afternoon. I have three trail cams that need to get up on trees. I have quite a few areas to scout and those cameras will help me out.

The best part is I am starting to feel better.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Raf, I have had fullblown pneumonia twice in my life.Hospital both times.Bein at home is much better.My Doc calls the stay at home kind "walkin pneumonia".I hope your better Soon.