Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
It's over and now were gonna get some >

It's over and now were gonna get some

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

It's over and now were gonna get some

Old 12-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

You did the right thing BP. If you are anything like me, the picture of that buck will haunt you for a little while. Hope he makes the winter and you get a crack at him next year.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Your an honorable man BP. It shows you have good character my friend. I too have let deer walk only to have to wait till next season. I still have some of my season left. I am hoping to get back to my hunt camp next week and finish up the end of my season. Hope my luck comes back and I nail that wall hanger.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year pal!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Spike

Great story Breechplug. It's memories like that that keeps me hunting. Merry Christmas everone and God Bless.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
Your an honorable man BP. It shows you have good character my friend. I too have let deer walk only to have to wait till next season. I still have some of my season left. I am hoping to get back to my hunt camp next week and finish up the end of my season. Hope my luck comes back and I nail that wall hanger.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year pal!!!
Thank's rafsob
Years ago it would still be eating at me, but as Im getting older I know doing the right thing is far better, and going without does'nt mean Im not satisfied or unhappy with my season, going without means it was the way it was ment to be.
I now hunt for the hunt, the hunt itself is what drives me most, if the hunt ends too quick then the fun is all gone, the longer the hunt the more fun. If it was easy then there would'nt be any challenge, and I have come to like the challeng and the hunt more than the harvest.
This season I won, I won inside and the deer won also, were both happy and next season we'll both be back, that's what matters most.
Merry Christmas to you rafsob, and may you and your Family have a Happy New Year filled with good health and prosperity and May GOD Bess you all. Have a Safe and Happy end to your hunting season and may your shot be true and your goals be fulfilled.
All My Best!
(BP)