HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   cabelas powderhorn scope 3x10x40 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/376675-cabelas-powderhorn-scope-3x10x40.html)

lonewolf5348 12-17-2012 11:13 AM

cabelas powderhorn scope 3x10x40

well after buying it last year I did finally remove the *** Bushnell banner and mounted the cabelas PowderHorn scope 3x10x44MM
So gar so good all went well used a bubble level on the scope and gun and the older cheap tasco bore sighter,I am not sure if you guys from the old school remember what they look liked Hey they do work.
I think the scope on 5 power has about a 4" eye relief works well on the CVA Optima thumb-hole stock set up.

sabotloader 12-17-2012 12:01 PM

lonewolf5348

I have had mine for a couple of years now and it has proven worthwhile for me. Hope you enjoy yours.

I will tell you that Cayugad got one his to break, but Cabelas totally too care of it.

cayugad 12-17-2012 12:13 PM

I have four of them now... I managed to break one. Called Cabela's and all is well in the world. Great store. But also a great scope for the money. Sabotloader is the one that got me interested in them because of the luck he had with is. I have them mounted on Green Mountain Barrels, and my Optima has one. So far, they are doing well.

The one I did manage to shake apart was not the same model as the one you have. If that is any comfort. And when I test rifles, scopes, projectiles, etc.. I am never easy on them. I want them to break. I want them to fail on my range and not in the woods where I might be depending on the item.

lonewolf5348 12-17-2012 01:28 PM

I will give it a shot on Saturday my shoulder is getting better so a few shots at 50 yards with 95 Gr. of BH 209 and a 240 XTP mag will get it started

jcampoli 12-17-2012 05:37 PM

Yeah, thanks to sabotloader's and cayugad's darn posts I now have 3 myself! One is camo and sits on my wolf, the other two are black, one is waiting in the wings and the other is on my old knight mk85. They are clear at the range and as I found out this year quite good in the woods too. Just hope they quit putting them on sale!
JC

2thepoint 12-17-2012 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by jcampoli (Post 4017585)
Yeah, thanks to sabotloader's and cayugad's darn posts I now have 3 myself! One is camo and sits on my wolf, the other two are black, one is waiting in the wings and the other is on my old knight mk85. They are clear at the range and as I found out this year quite good in the woods too. Just hope they quit putting them on sale!
JC

Good news -Bad news! LOL
I just ordered the Powderhorn EXT 3X10 - 40mm on sale for $49.99

gregrn43 12-17-2012 09:31 PM

I might have to give one a try. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Josmund 12-18-2012 02:52 AM

I have two. I paid a lot more than the going rate today but they have been good reliable scopes. I compare tem side by side to my Nikon Omega and don't see much difference at mid day. They are a long scope but I can deal with the size.

At this price, I may need to pick up a couple more for future use.

SuperKirby 12-18-2012 06:15 AM

I have one as well, but haven't taken it out of the box yet. I plan to put it on my Encore one of these days and work on load development and coyotes. In a perfect world MN will finally allow scopes for muzzleloader season next year so I won't have to take it off.

lonewolf5348 12-18-2012 06:28 AM

I will report back after Saturday range session so far the scope it sharp and I think it may be a keeper .I have both Buffalo SSB 325 Grains and the 250 Gr. Shockwave and last my favorite bullet the Hornady 240 XTP mag all shot with BH 209 .
I will say the test will be at 50 yards only for now.
I know the rifle will print a one hole group at 50 yards with my other scope the bushnell banner 3x9x40 made in ***an.