Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Tripe 7 Pellets Left In Barrel >

Tripe 7 Pellets Left In Barrel

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Tripe 7 Pellets Left In Barrel

Old 12-17-2012, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

I, before I moved, was able to hunt from my house. I loaded my rifle at the start of the early blackpowder season and left it loaded until I either got a deer or the second blackpowder season ended. If I got a deer, I reloaded and left it loaded again (after cleaning of course). The gun would sit for loaded for 2+ months and I never saw any harm from it.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have left pyro pellets in the wifes MLer untill the following season and they did'nt harm anything. The end of the muzzle is covered with masking tape and the Mler shot just fine. I leave her MLer loaded in case we see any Coyotes in the yard through the winter, sometimes we get lucky and get one, sometimes we dont.
Im not farmilar with T7 so I cant say. If I have to discharge one of my mlers and dont want to shoot it I just unscrew the BP and pour out the powder and push out the sabot, then reclean, with the wifes mler I do the same, the pellets fall out after the BP is removed.
But if your not gonna need it for anything I'd remove the charge and fully clean it and oil and put it up untill next season.
(BP)
Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
To leave a rifle loaded for that length of time seems foolish. I would simply unload the rifle, clean it, and get it set for an extended storage.

Definately agee.... I personally couldn't consider leaving my weapon like that regardless of whether it's clean. I guess that's why my 10 year old Omegas barrel shines like a mirror.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta agree with others here, don't leave it till next season. Burn it off or reclaim the sabot and dump the pellets in the flower bed and water!!!!! Maybe a new box will come up next spring!!!!! LMAO!!!!
Thats what I do with all my old powder and tell the wife and she just shakes her head and walks away!!!!!! Just be sure to clean and oil just like normal.
I leave mine loaded all season till this coming mid jan and then reclaim and clean.