Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Sometimes you just have to reward yourself >

Sometimes you just have to reward yourself

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Sometimes you just have to reward yourself

Old 12-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sometimes you just have to reward yourself

Hello all,

I thought I would share this with you. Part of this post is off topic, but I have to lead you into what my subject line is about, right? Well, some of you may remember me stating that I took a full time job in sales back in September and that I was in my last semester of college so I would have little, if any time to hunt. That is entirely true. I was able to get out once in archery season and again the last half of the last day of the firearms season which ended this past Saturday. I don't get home in time to go out after work, and even when I did I had to keep up with four college classes which meant a lot of time at the computer or with my nose in a text book.
Anyway, the classes are all behind me now. I will be receiving my degree in Business Administration soon, and will graduate with highest honors, (suma cum laude) with at least a 3.97 GPA. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty darn proud of myself over it and felt I deserved a reward.
I pass by a small local gun shop every evening on my way home and I stop and banter with the owner once a week or so. I stopped by last Friday evening and his wife was attending the store so I asked where he was. She told me that he and a neighbor were skinning a buck he had shot earlier in the day. She also told me that he had just taken in some guns and had not yet had time to price any of them or put them in the books, but pointed out what he recently acquired.
One was a T/C Renegade .54 percussion that was in excellent condition so I decided to stop by this evening and ask what he would take for it. "Two hundred bucks and it's yours" he said.
I handed the man a twenty and said "Put er' in the back room Sherm, I'll be back tomorrow with the rest".
I had a genuine warm and fuzzy feeling about it as I walked out the door!

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 12-11-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

SCORE!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's on your Grade Average and Nice Grab! Be sure to let us all know how she shoots.
(BP)
Old 12-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Score for sure!

And congrats on the great job with the schooling!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Very nice job there... not only with the schooling but with the purchase of a great rifle. That Renegade for that price is a great deal if you check the on line market prices recently. Boy has the price of T/C rifles increased!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on both the school and the Renegade. But we all know the Renegade is by far the better of the two.
I myself am waiting on a Renegade. There's a .54 at a local online auction I bid on. I don't really have the money to buy one right now, but if I get it for my bid it will be a great deal. The auction ends tonight so I'll find out soon.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

BP Smoke,

Sometimes life is just nice isn't it? Well done on the degree and the new job. Enjoy your new toy.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Fellas,

I was a little disappointed on the way home tonight. I didn't leave our shop until after six because I stayed over to wait for a customer that was coming in for a pickup. The product was paid for and they told me when they called at 4:30 that they were over an hour away and to just go ahead and leave it sitting outside for them so I could close up. I told them NO WAY! I said "If you're on your way here now I'll stay and keep the shop open because I won't risk someone else walking off with your purchase". Call it ethics if you want, but I just can't be "that guy" and peel out because it's past closing time and the customer says it's OK with them to leave their merchandise outside and go home.
When I came by the gun shop, the house lights were on but the shop lights were off so I figured he was eating supper and didn't want to bother him. Tomorrow's another day and it will be there waiting. I'll post some pics. of the gun after I bring it home.

BPS
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Think how much sweeter it will be tomorrow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.