Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Semi...my daughter wants to know if the dragon has eaten yet? >

Semi...my daughter wants to know if the dragon has eaten yet?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Semi...my daughter wants to know if the dragon has eaten yet?

Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Semi...my daughter wants to know if the dragon has eaten yet?

LOL

I showed her your post about the conversation with a dragon a while back because I thought it was so funny. She loved it.

Anyhow...we were at our cabin this weekend ML hunting and I was telling my buddy about your awesome gun, and she popped in her .02 and started telling him about that thread. Then she asked me if your "dragon" had gotten one yet? Told her I didn't know...hadn't been on alot lately, might have by now.

Figured I'd check for her, hope the dragon ain't starvin to death...
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

WV Hunter,
I was wondering the same thing. I hadn't been on here too much lately and figured that I might have missed another intriguing conversation with the dragon.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sadly WV Hunter, the Dragon has not fed.

...The Dragon is hungry.

......The Dragon is angry.

..........The Dragon is depressed.

After refusing to allow the Dragon to feed on a medium size doe or spike buck opening weekend, my deer sightings have consisted of one lonesome orphaned button buck.

As of last weekend our club's kill for the year is less than half of what is was last year at the same point in the season. The warm weather is probably partially to blame. But we're really concerned that our deer population may have taken a hit from disease over the last year. We have a dozen trail cameras out and are getting very few pictures. I have one camera on a logging road that would get fifty or sixty deer pictures a week a few years ago. Over the last two weeks it had exactly one picture of a doe. Most of the pictures of mature does we're getting show the doe with no fawns, or only one. Two years ago almost every doe picture we got included twin fawns

To compound the problem our coyote population is clearly up. We hear several groups singing every night. In the past we would have a rabbit shoot at the end of the deer season, and take a few rabbits from each of our 23 small food plots. I have three of those plots and have not seen a rabbit this year.

Then there's the damn hogs. We have one picture from a camera over a corn feeder in the center of a food plot with nineteen hogs on plot. We've trapped or shot thirteen so far. But there are plenty more out there.

Anyway, we'll be out again next weekend looking for the Dragon's first meat.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Maybe that Dragon might have to settle for hog or even coyote meat. Good luck in the rest of your season.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yote burgers aint bad semi, give them a try.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been anxiuosly awaiting the Dragon's first dinner as well.

I've always been told, 'If you see 5 hogs on your property, shoot 10 of them.' They are really destructive.

This time of year always slows down for me with sightings. I think the deer are moving from rut to winter feeding phase. Of course, luckily for you, you have food plots.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

TN, the main rut in our area is usually between Dec 20 and Dec 30.

I've eaten and will eat just about any thing Greg. But I think I'll draw the line at yote burgers.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Semi - sounds like you boys need to arrange a coyote drive to kill them off your porperty. And the dragon will enjoy feeding on a hog as well as a deer I think.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Semi...I'm sure the dragon will get to eat something soon. Heck if your rut is coming up, I'm sure you will be fine. Where I hunt... on both sides of the rut, sightings on bucks and does is always much lower. Hopefully even with less sightings for you guys so far, things will improve in the coming weeks.

I'll keep my eye posted for the review of the meal