Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Season end

Old 12-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cayugad
Nice fat looking doe. What rifle and load were you shooting? That would be a real good eating deer there.
Thanks, The rifle is first generation "Knight Revolution" There are those that love it & those that hate it, it is the only muzzleloader I have every owned so I have nothing to compare it to, & can only say it has worked well for me. I will say it is heavy, & somewhat unbalanced (jmop), but it has never failed me & have taken a few deer with it. However, an upgrade may be in my future. as to the load I have been using 100 grs Triple7, (powder) coupled with 245 gr bullet, I purchased both Barnes & Hornady, which seem to perform well., D
Old 12-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cayugad
Nice fat looking doe. What rifle and load were you shooting? That would be a real good eating deer there.

Thanks, The rifle is first generation "Knight Revolution" There are those that love it & those that hate it, it is the only muzzleloader I have every owned so I have nothing to compare it to, & can only say it has worked well for me. I will say it is heavy, & somewhat unbalanced (jmop), but it has never failed me & have taken a few deer with it. However, an upgrade may be in my future. as to the load I have been using 100 grs Triple7, (powder) coupled with 245 gr bullet, I purchased both Barnes & Hornady, which seem to perform well., D
Old 12-09-2012, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

Is that a Knight Revolution? I have one in all black and really like it, but I see very few people using them. They are a bit of a pain to clean but mine is very accurate.

Oh, and congrats on the deer.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the deer. Where abouts do you hunt at? Glad you got it yesterday. I can't see today being real successful for you, though I always get a strong urge to hunt on days like this. I think it's because I know nothing will be up moving and I have a real hard time sitting still in a stand, so it gives me a reason to walk around.
Here's the view out my back door this morning
Attached Thumbnails Season end-snow.jpg