Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Scopes

Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scopes

This may have been mentioned here before, but if so...I didn't see it. SWFA is having a closeout on some Sightron scopes (and bino's). Prices are incredible.

http://swfa.com/Sightron-Closeouts-C4847.aspx

If anyone is needing a scope for their ML or CF... the S1 3x9x40 is on sale for $79. This scope is really nice - even at full price. I have several of them on my ML's. Matte finish, crystal clear, huge eye relief, great fov, and rock solid. The S2 Big Sky's are just incredible and the pricing is killer. Hundreds off with the rebates. Wish I had alot of cashflow right now!

To put in perspective...I only own Leupolds and Sightrons now. In addition to what I have now, over the years I've had 2 Nikon scopes (prostaff, buckmaster), 1 Cablelas scope, 2 Redfield (low and mid tier), and various lesser quality (bushnell, trashco, simmons, bsa). In my opinion....the Sightrons FAR better than all the above, and are totally in line with the quality and performance of the mid to upper level Leupolds in my opinion (not rifleman/vx1). I think I may even like them better.

Figured I'd let you guys know in case you were looking for some Christmas presents!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

WV Hunter,
I suppose its been about 9 years ago I purchased a 3x9x42 AR scope and have used it on my TC Encore ML. It is a good scope and it works very well. The only issue that I have with mine is the outer portion of the reticle seems to distort the image a little, but I can't complain as I paid $69.00 for it and never intended to actually keep it. The actual cause of the issue may be my eyes rather than the scope. It serves its purpose and I could have shelled out more money, but if it ain't broke don't fix it is my motto. If I had the money I would switch everything over to redfield/Leupold but I am satisfied with what I have for the moment. They are a good scope especially for the price.