Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
i got a problem, i got to hide from the wife >

i got a problem, i got to hide from the wife

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

i got a problem, i got to hide from the wife

Old 12-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

the only marks on the gun
Old 12-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

looks like it sat on a rack
Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Better to tell her now, womnen find out everything sooner or later, take it from me and experience.
Good Deal and be sure to let us know how she shoots, and Not Your Wife
(BP)
Old 12-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man you stole that thing. Nice find!

My local store has one exactly like it without a scope for $549... no deals around here.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Spike

Nice!! The problem is that you don't have enough guns so that the wife doesn't know if a new one was added or not. I walk in the door with a new one and she ask where did you get that. I just say I've had it a little while which is true (very little while).
Old 12-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zeek99
Nice!! The problem is that you don't have enough guns so that the wife doesn't know if a new one was added or not. I walk in the door with a new one and she ask where did you get that. I just say I've had it a little while which is true (very little while).
Worth a try! The lampshade on it trick don,t work.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

See that's the difference between being married only a short time to a woman who doesn't hunt then like me who's been married 39 yrs to a woman who doesn't hunt/shoot. She grimices every time I tell her I am going to the gun shop. She knows if I see something I like it is going to be coming home with me. But lately I've been checking prices on line and it appears that some of my purchases are worth a bit more than I paid for them. Have you seen the prices that Win 94s (the old ones) are going for? I have one in 30-30 that I paid $150 for and one in 32 WinSpl that I paid $250 for. Both in excellent condition. Several others have shot up in value. I may have to consider selling some off and recduce the collection down to what I really want to keep.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

175.00 for a Renegade in almost any condition is a good price.I already have a.54 and I would have bounced on that one.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

they got 2 white mountian's 180s a tc hawkens 220s its got hunting rash..a couple ml's that look like the tc scout/or the knight revolution..don't know much about them...generally they get these guns in by someone who's tradeing for a inline. or a shotgun....the store probly buys them a 100
Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Dominant Buck

It would shock you how little a dealer will give for a trade in. My friend had a gun shop years ago. And he always said.. trade as if the gun they are offering don't mean a thing as far as the price. In fact while he was always fair with me, I never liked some of the "deals" he made with others.