Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Ohio gun season first/second day results >

Ohio gun season first/second day results

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ohio gun season first/second day results

Old 11-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ohio gun season first/second day results

Well my brother in law taken a deer each and I also shot a coyote on the second day. He was using a Optima with Barnes 250 grain TEZs, 110 grains of BH209. His doe he shot at around 35-40 yards and it dropped on the spot and didn't take one step. The bullet hit it high in the chest and was found just under the hide to the hind quarter so pretty much traveled the entire length of the body. I was using my Remington 870 with 1 oz Remington rifled slugs, 26" smoothbore barrel with a bead sight. My deer was shot at 45 yards. It ran maybe 10 yards and was done. Coyote was shot at a little over 30 yards and dropped on the spot.

Brother in law's doe

Barnes bullet

My deer

My coyote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Dominant Buck

nice deer and one less dog. Way to go!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks. The coyotes are getting really thick at this place we were hunting. Between my brother in law and I we have seen over 10 of them this season and last year I don't think we spotted one.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

congrats on the kills!!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and way to take down that Coyote, I hate them Lil Buggers. Your Season starts late huh, how long does it last? Why did'nt you use your Mler like your brother in law did?
(BP)
Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Congrats and way to take down that Coyote, I hate them Lil Buggers. Your Season starts late huh, how long does it last? Why did'nt you use your Mler like your brother in law did?
(BP)
Our season started on Monday and will run til Sunday. Then in a couple weeks there will be a two day gun season and that is it. I don't have a muzzleloader anymore. I had a lot of fun with the shotgun this year.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Coyotes are a big problem where I hunt in Ohio as well, though I didn't see any this year....
Old 11-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the deer. Congrats on getting that coyote too. Coyotes get over 1/3 of fawns here.