Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Kids Showing Up The OLD MAN >

Kids Showing Up The OLD MAN

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Kids Showing Up The OLD MAN

Old 11-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Kids Showing Up The OLD MAN

I have got to tell you all that I am proud of my kids this year but they are making me look pretty darn bad. My oldest 2 boys are really hooked on deer hunting and I've gotten them converted to MUZZLELOADERS and they have retired their shotguns. They have pulled the trigger 3 times on their CVA's and have killed 3 deer!

My 17 year old smacked his first black powder deer during the youth season, a BIG FAT doe at 30 yards, BANG FLOP. Opening day of shotgun season finds him back in the stand and dropping a nice 7 point buck from 110 yards right on the spot. A perfect heart shot.

My 21 year took a real nice 8 point buck on opening day of bow season with his bow and last Saturday night put the smack down on a good doe with his Accura.

I converted both of these guns from pellets to BH209 this fall and worked with them sighting them in....they are very accurate and the kids love to shoot them.

My only problem is the kids are making me look bad, I have yet to pull the hammer back on my muzzleloader. Man I hope I don't miss or take more than 1 shot to drop a deer....I will NEVER hear the end of it!

These darn kids are putting real pressure on the old man. I wouldn't want it any other way!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 AM
1874sharpsshooter

I know the feeling!! and it's actually a good feeling. It's great that they love to hunt with you. tell them congratulations.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations to your boys. It sounds like they have it down pretty good. Must have had a good teacher. Now go shoot a monster and rub that in their face..
Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good stuff man, thats what its all about!