Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Opening Weekend and... >

Opening Weekend and...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Opening Weekend and...

Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Opening Weekend and...

I didn't even get to go out.
It seems like no matter how hard I try I can't get caught up enough.

On the plus side, I have Thurs. - Sun. off from work. My Dad was out in Sept. and him and I built a 4x8 tree stand. After it was done we were sitting up there enjoying the view and I told him he should come back in Nov. and help me break it in. Of course he said no. Too expensive, too far, etc. Short story long, about 3 weeks later he called me up and said he had been thinking about it and if the weather and work and all that worked out, just maybe he would come hunt with me.
He's leaving tomorrow and driving the 14 hours to come hunting with me

He hasn't gone hunting since I moved 5 years ago. I really hope we shoot a deer, but at this point I don't really care. We're hunting together again so it will be a great season!!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I really hope we shoot a deer, but at this point I don't really care. We're hunting together again so it will be a great season!!
Well said SuperKirby. You've got your priorities right.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds great!!

I really enjoy sitting in the one we built.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to y'all, have a ball
Old 11-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

good luck to you... hope you have luck
Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

My dad passed away 17 years ago. sure wish I had him to go surf fishing with again. Cherish the time while they are here.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Yep,savor the hunt and the memories .my dad no longer hunts,when he did neither of us never killed a deer when hunting them together! There were sightings and misses and what's treasured now are the memories. but of course good luck to you two!.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

yeah.........roll pennies if you have to. I'd cut my arm off to be with my dad again.

I used to be a stockbroker, and clients would ask me "how do I invest ? I have 2000 a month in bills, and I make 1800."
I would tell them "pay yourself first or why work at all "
Meaning........take 50-100 a week and treat your self or invest with it. MY point.......the work will be there when you get back........things come up....pay yourself........with a little hunting break.
You die tomorrow you can work or hunt so what is the difference. PEOPLE BITCHING OR SOMETHING ? YEAH THAT WOULD FLY ! I'd be hunting there MR. Workman......1-3 days whatever aint gonna kill the world. JUST DO IT, and take the old man too if you have to go pick him up !
Old 11-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go get em superkirby! Enjoy it
Old 11-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckyou
yeah.........roll pennies if you have to. I'd cut my arm off to be with my dad again.

I used to be a stockbroker, and clients would ask me "how do I invest ? I have 2000 a month in bills, and I make 1800."
I would tell them "pay yourself first or why work at all "
Meaning........take 50-100 a week and treat your self or invest with it. MY point.......the work will be there when you get back........things come up....pay yourself........with a little hunting break.
You die tomorrow you can work or hunt so what is the difference. PEOPLE BITCHING OR SOMETHING ? YEAH THAT WOULD FLY ! I'd be hunting there MR. Workman......1-3 days whatever aint gonna kill the world. JUST DO IT, and take the old man too if you have to go pick him up !
Let me see if i understand what you write.

What you write is: When one retires, there should be zero entries on one's 'bucket list'. How you lived your life is, you scratched everything off that list as you lived. Hooray for you; that is how a 'good' life is lived.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.