Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Montana X Treme BC BH 209 Cleaner >

Montana X Treme BC BH 209 Cleaner

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Montana X Treme BC BH 209 Cleaner

Old 11-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Montana X Treme BC BH 209 Cleaner

Just thought I'd share this with all you BH users. Even though I dont use BH I know many of you do and I know some also like me use Montana E-Treme Bore Conditioner. Well the makers of mX BC now make a cleaner for BH. I saw this in Canela's when I was doing a little shopping around.
(BP)
Attached Thumbnails Montana X Treme BC BH 209 Cleaner-dsc01564.jpg   Montana X Treme BC BH 209 Cleaner-dsc01565.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:01 AM
Fork Horn

Breechplug, You have got to get out more man. That cleaner has been out for quite awhile. Since you don't use bh209, i can understand why you wouldn't have noticed it before.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the heads up BP. It's the thought that counts. Omega is right - its been around a while. It smells an awful lot like their Cowboy Blend.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tried it it works quite well, but no better than Hoppes Elite cleaner which is available almost every where and much better priced.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I have been using Hoppes since I can get it kind of cheap at Wal Mart. It seems to work just fine. But I do like Montana Xtreme products. I have yet to find one that does not do as promised.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

I use Hoppe's as well. Thought about trying the Montana Extreme but Hoppe's is available everywhere and usually cheap. I do like the Bore Conditioner from Montana Ex. though.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

I use Hoppe's No. 9. It seems to work well. The smell always invokes thoughts of hunting camp; wonderful, long, days spent in the field and that content, tired feeling you have as you clean the firearm in the evening.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Guys's, that's the story of my life, a day late and a dollar short The only reason I posted it was because Cabela's had "NEW" listed by it, I guess new ment new to them.
(BP)
Old 11-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

I have a metal container of the cow boy blend myself. believe me when I say it's like fuel oil and smells strong. It does work good but I only tried it once and got yelled at by my wife as she said the smell was all the way out into the kitchen. Old # 9 or just simple green, work very well for me. Orange Glow is another one. I need to get involved w/ the Montana Conditioner like I hear about all the time. I guess it's really good stuff.