Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The Hunt!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, what a great story. Thank you so much for sharing all of that. I feel the same as you - I love hunting, love being outdoors, love the meat, but I don't necessarily enjoy the killing part. That is a very nice buck and a great shot!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome. Haven't seen any bucks like yours in East Tn. Great shot.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

What an amazing read and great buck! Sorry about your loss but thanks for his services. I have 2 sons myself (8 1/2 & 1yr old) and i love hunting and fishing and love to take my 8yr old every chance i get. And reading this really opened my eyes about life and how quick it goes by. I was teary eye'd and choked up reading this. You can see in my avatar me and my 8yr old with his 1st cobia last summer when he was 7. We have yet to get him a deer but he loves going and has seen me take a nice 6pt and a few doe's. Hopefully this year i can get him on a deer of his own. Good luck this hunting season with your daughter and getting her on a nice buck
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the opportunity to see your hunt through your eyes. It shows that there is so much more to the hunt than the actual killing of an animal. God bless you and your family and I thank your son for giving all.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you all for your response's to the hunt!. I think a lot now days about my children and I guess I get got up in all the clutter of life, but hunting is where I find peace and it affords me that oppurtunity to reflect back upon the earlier years of my family and enjoy those memories that were made with my boys out hunting and fishing.