Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My Best Ever

Old 11-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default My Best Ever

Saturday afternoon in Virginia I shot my best buck ever ; an 11 pointer. It was already dogging 2 does all over the thicket i was hunting. My mk85 with 100gr black mag3 with a 260gr Nosler actually dropped the deer without it taking a step. I swear I should just go ahead and cut a scope ring in my eyebrow before hunting season ever starts.This deer had me twisted around in my stand which had a creaky wooden floor. He was heading downwind of me at 40 yards and I knew he would catch me if I moved since he was uphill and eye level with me. I knew that gun was seated in my shoulder correctly but i also knew i was not going to lose this rascal. Well I dropped him but never saw the deer on the ground for 5 minutes due too my scope cutting me good. The nosler cut threw both lungs and turned them to jelly and passed right out the other side. I need to learn how to post pictures on here.

Last edited by deer655; 11-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

deer655

Awesome...Nosler Partitions are great bullets for doing exactly what you wanted... Sorry about the second bite of the scope.. but it fits well with the story and something you will remember for along time - congrats...
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations on the deer. Sorry to hear about the scope eye. But remember the buck you shot, and the fact that chicks dig scars.. and you'll be fine. Way to go. If there is a way I can help you with the picture posting, let me know.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

I clicked on advanced edit, manage attachments,browse, my pictures, highlighted my deer pic and hit save. I thought this would work but it did'nt. i just noticed the reference section on here. I'll read up on it and see what i'm doing wrong. Thanks, If this doesnt help I will get back with you.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the nice buck.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the deer and I'm glad to hear the mk 85 did the job. I'm looking forward to the pics.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the buck, i'd love to see a pic!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deer655
I clicked on advanced edit, manage attachments,browse, my pictures, highlighted my deer pic and hit save. I thought this would work but it did'nt. i just noticed the reference section on here. I'll read up on it and see what i'm doing wrong. Thanks, If this doesnt help I will get back with you.
Sounds like a nice Deer, Congrat's!
Click on Manage Attachments, a box will appera and you then click on Browse. This will let you then go to whatever file you have your picture in. When you find the pic you want to down load click on it, the pic file name will appear in the box, then click on upload, wait for it to finish uploading, when it does close out that box and the pick will now be added to your post, then just hit submit reply.
(BP)
Old 11-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the buck. Sorry about the eye. Got to smile, though. I have lost count on how many times that I have been smashed in the face by the scopes on my heavy hitters.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

When I hit manage attachments and then browse, my photo is about 2.76mb, it looks like I am way over the maximum of file space. I tried compressing it but it was still to large. Thanks for all the help here. I appreciate all the wealth of info that it shared here. It has vastly improved my blackpowder hunting experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.