HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Get Outta here already! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/374765-get-outta-here-already.html)

bronko22000 11-02-2012 01:42 PM

Get Outta here already!

I got off work early and decided to get dressed and head out for an evening hunt hoping to catch a buck looking for a hot doe. Holy crap! I wish the remants of Sandy would blow on out of here already. Still having gusts - one almost blew me off the treestand. I always wear my Hunter's Saftey System harness but getting rocked back and forth ain't no fun.
Came home just in time as it started to rain again. Will give it the old collee try again tomorrow morning.

gregrn43 11-02-2012 02:25 PM

It aint no fun getting tossed all around. Maybe it will settle down by tomorrow. A week from this Saturday opens are regular gun season here in Arkansas last year the wind was 35mph, temps in the 80's, and humidity through the ceiling. I hope its better this year.

Breechplug 11-02-2012 05:50 PM

Im feeling the same Pain as you bronko. They say mabey by sunday we'll finally have a break from all this.
(BP)

bronko22000 11-03-2012 05:10 PM

I havent seen the sunshine for 12 days now. At least today it didn't rain. But it was still overcast and that damp air seems to got right down deep into your bones. I was out this morining and evening. Nothing moving except a few squirrels. I gues the weather has the deer holding fast too.

stripercrazy 11-03-2012 06:05 PM

the beaches i fish, are distroyed here in rhode island national guard everywhere...it'll take years to restore......and to think it missed us....sucks

Breechplug 11-03-2012 08:00 PM

Well the weather was perfect today, low 40's no wind and the bucks are in Full Rut. This was my first day bowhunting since our season opened on Oct 1st, I waited for the rut and it's paying off to save my stands and not give away my presence. I saw 8 different bucks and 2 nice 8 pointers that I'll probably wish I see during our gun season that starts in 2 weeks that I passed on.
Im hunting my favorite bow stand and property, it's a 75 acre corn field surrounded by my buddies woods, there's deer tacks there that would scare most. But the thing I found today and I found one last year on the same pole is a buck is Rubbing Telephone Poles along the corn field. These ar'nt your regular telephone poles these are the Big Ones that hold the primary lines. I did'nt have my camera with me today even though I always do, but tomorrow I'll get some pics of the rubbed telephone poles and his tracks by the poles, he's got to be one heck of a buck. He has to have over a 20" inside spread to just rub the poles.
Our weather forecast for the whole week is cool in the low 30's to low 40's and some snow, the rut in in full swing and things are looking good.
(BP)

WV Hunter 11-04-2012 05:48 AM

Same thing yesterday here in VA. 15-25 all day. It sucked! It was the ML opener, and despite the wind I actully saw some deer in the morning (5) and 3 were bucks. Had a really nice one for my area sneak up behind me early, never knew he was there until he blew, and I turned to see him bounding away. Had the wind been less, I'm certain I would have had a chance at him. Bummed, but at least I know he's here. Of course this morning...dead calm. Figures. Good luck guys.

bronko22000 11-04-2012 05:59 AM

well don't forget BP and WV - this is PA we're talking about. The land where the deer herd was slaughtered down to almost oblivion. But the seem to be slowly coming back here in my area. Because of the bg buck around I am holding out. I could have shot 5 legal buck so far (at least 3 pts on one side) and also had 2 other non-legal buck in range and 3 doe. The entire last season I only saw one deer and that nice 8 pt ended up in my freezer and his rack on my wall. Of course last year there was no mast crop to talk about. This year there are acrons everywhere. Besides the deer I am seeing qauite a few turkey.