HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Anyone know where to get a front sight for a Remington Genesis? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/374656-anyone-know-where-get-front-sight-remington-genesis.html)

slowr1der 10-30-2012 09:26 PM

Anyone know where to get a front sight for a Remington Genesis?

A friend has my old Remington Genesis and the front fiber optic sight broke. Not the whole sight, but just the fiber optic bar. I'm not sure if you can just replace that or have to do the whole sight. My friend hasn't had any luck finding the sight so I thought I'd see if anyone knew where to find one?

UncleNorby 10-31-2012 03:38 AM

An obvious suggestion is to call Traditions (they made the Genesis for Remington). I have no idea if they'll help you though. Good luck.

Traditions Performance Firearms
1375 Boston Post Road
P.O. Box 776
Old Saybrook, CT 06475
Phone# 860-388-4656
Fax# 860-388-4657
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 7:45am-4:30pm
Friday 7:45-3:15pm
Saturday & Sunday - closed
Service & Repair, RMA Number Required:
Prior to the return of any product or part, a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number must be obtained by calling Traditions Customer Service Department.
What to Include:
Each returned part or product must include a written statement with the RMA number, detailing the nature of the claimed defect, as well as the owner's name, street address, day and evening phone numbers, and a copy of the original receipt or invoice. We accept shipments from U.S.A. customers only.
Where to Send Your Product:
Write your RMA number clearly on the outside of the package and ship it via a carrier that can give you a tracking number (e.g. UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc.) and ship it to: Traditions, 1375 Boston Post Rd, Old Saybrook, CT 06475.

For technical questions and general inquiries (Please also see our F.A.Q.'s section):
[email protected]

1874sharpsshooter 10-31-2012 05:02 AM

The Genesis has williams sights so you could just order them from Williams' website
http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/muzzle.htm
or any place that carries Williams fire sights. The CVA round barrel model fit the Genesis I'm pretty sure

cayugad 10-31-2012 05:33 AM

All you need is the glow fiber Optics part. Call Traditions and tell them yours broke. They come in different colors so if you were not happy with the color, mine being orange, then this would be the time to change the color of it. I always thought a green would be nice.

slowr1der 10-31-2012 06:10 AM

Which Traditions model is the same as the Genesis? Or should I just tell them that it's a Genesis and hope they know which one is needed? Thanks.

cayugad 10-31-2012 06:17 AM

The Yukon is basically a Genesis with some minor differences in the way the rear cam swings to cover the primer. You can tell them its a Genesis. That way they will be sure to have the correct part. Besides, they are the Genesis authorized dealer/repair facility.

slowr1der 10-31-2012 10:46 AM

Thanks guys. I called Traditions and they told me that I would have to contact Williams. I called Williams and got a voice mail for their site department. I'm hoping to hear back from them.

In the mean time after watching a video on Youtube of how to replace the fiber rods, it looks super simple.

Does anyone know where you can just buy the rods themselves, and also what size the sights on the Genesis take?

slowr1der 10-31-2012 10:49 AM

Well, I see Brownells carries the replacement rods. Now I just need to know the size. Does anyone have a Genesis where they could measure the size? I am out of town so am unable to measure this one.

cayugad 10-31-2012 11:00 AM

I hate to do this as I never seem any good at it. But with a new battery in my digital caliper, I got two readings off my Genesis of .060 if that means anything. This is the straight front sight rod. The sight itself was much larger of course. I hope this helped.

cayugad 10-31-2012 11:06 AM

Williams shows them at .055 I believe for a Traditions Muzzleloader. I think I would talk to Williams and make sure I get the correct rod.