Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Anyone know where to get a front sight for a Remington Genesis? >

Anyone know where to get a front sight for a Remington Genesis?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Anyone know where to get a front sight for a Remington Genesis?

Old 10-31-2012, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you soo much. Looks like I know which one to order then. Brownells lists them in .020",.030", and .060". So it looks like I know which one to order now.

I am out of town this week, and hoping to head on a hunting trip this weekend. I borrowed my old Genesis from my friend for a buddy to use, so I have it with me, but don't have my calipers or anything else with me so I was unable to measure it. After cleaning the gun, I somehow broke the fiber optic sight tube. Or it was broken already and I just noticed it then. I'm not sure which. Either way, I figured it would be nice to get it fixed for them. Luckily, the gun is scoped, so the sights aren't too important for this trip, but they do get used as it has see through sights on there.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cayugad
Williams shows them at .055 I believe for a Traditions Muzzleloader. I think I would talk to Williams and make sure I get the correct rod.
Hmm, maybe I better wait until I hear back from them and talk to them about it then. Did they list this on their site? I must have overlooked it as I couldn't find it on there when I looked.

I really appreciate all of your help.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you can't contact anyone see if you can just get youself some .060" fiber optic. All you do to install cut a piece about 1/4" or so longer than you need and heat one end and put a small 'button' on it. slide it through the brackets then snip off excess leaving about 1/16" protruding. Heat that end and whlle holding the opposite end in, put a 'button' on that end. Be careful not to overheat the fiber or it will blacken.