Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My son gets payback!!!! >

My son gets payback!!!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My son gets payback!!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default My son gets payback!!!!

If you look back 3 pages you'll find a thread that I wrote regarding a successful hunt that my son and I shared with my CVA Optima Pro.

Well I got a little payback from my son yesterday. We were hunting at our lease and had decided to meet back where we usually park our atvs for lunch. I got there first and was fishing around the little cooler on the back of my atv for a cold bottle of water when a pretty little 8 pointer stepped into the path that I had just walked down. I was trying to get my gun off of the rack on my atv but he had slipped across the path before I could get ready for the shot. Besides, the buck was headed towards my son.

I called him on his cell and told him that the buck was headed for him and to keep his eyes open and to be ready. It wasn't long at all before I heard his CVA Wolf bark.

When I got to him he was frantically looking for blood in the path but he was looking about 30yds too far down the path. Five minutes later we were looking down at his 8 pointer and celebrating my son's harvest.

So that sets us even for the season so far but it would be fine with me if he got them all. The excitement in his eyes is something that I cherish.

Last edited by Bigtimer; 10-21-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice and congrats to your son.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another ATABOY! Way To Go!
You guy's are making me jealous, were still in bow season untill Nov 17th.
(BP)
Old 10-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice work!!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job congrats to you and your son
Old 10-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Spike

Great job congrats to you and your son!!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations on a fine buck there young man... nice shooting.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
If you look back 3 pages you'll find a thread that I wrote regarding a successful hunt that my son and I shared with my CVA Optima Pro.

Well I got a little payback from my son yesterday. We were hunting at our lease and had decided to meet back where we usually park our atvs for lunch. I got there first and was fishing around the little cooler on the back of my atv for a cold bottle of water when a pretty little 8 pointer stepped into the path that I had just walked down. I was trying to get my gun off of the rack on my atv but he had slipped across the path before I could get ready for the shot. Besides, the buck was headed towards my son.

I called him on his cell and told him that the buck was headed for him and to keep his eyes open and to be ready. It wasn't long at all before I heard his CVA Wolf bark.

When I got to him he was frantically looking for blood in the path but he was looking about 30yds too far down the path. Five minutes later we were looking down at his 8 pointer and celebrating my son's harvest.

So that sets us even for the season so far but it would be fine with me if he got them all. The excitement in his eyes is something that I cherish.

All-Right!!! Bigtimer family...
Old 10-22-2012, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Well done!!! Congrats...
Old 10-22-2012, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Congratulations to him!!!!!!!!

As I recall he usually takes a fair number of deer every year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.