Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What are (if any) are your goals for this hunting season? >

What are (if any) are your goals for this hunting season?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What are (if any) are your goals for this hunting season?

Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

My goals are to have a safe season, take a nice buck during firearms season with my Omega, then take a doe during the regular ML season. It usually works out. Hopefully it will this year. I've already taken a small button with my crossbow so I'm on schedule so far ....lol Oh yea, I found out last year my Omega loves the CheapShots. So it will be easier on the wallet compared to shooting the TC Superglides.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Shoot a deer with round ball
Old 10-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

Lose 40lbs or grow 4" and win the lottery no huh, well then I guess I hope to just not fall out of tree again.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Spike

I would like to shoot a turkey, I realized it has been a while. I would like to shoot a deer with a sidelock, But what I want the most wont happen, I would like to hunt with my son....It's been three years, but he is serving our country-Making sure we all can dream, set goals, and stay free. Just today at work i found myself day dreaming about his first deer, what a day that was! It's my best memory and I never fired a shot. Just remember to have fun. Doug.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, have fun and enjoy being out in nature, which I don't get to do enough of.

Second, enjoy the time spent with hunting buddies and my dad while coming home safe.

Third, see lots of wildlife.

Fourth, get one or two does to fill out the freezer til next year. (already got a buck, only 1 buck per year allowed in Ohio)
Old 10-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nysbowhunter
I would like to shoot a turkey, I realized it has been a while. I would like to shoot a deer with a sidelock, But what I want the most wont happen, I would like to hunt with my son....It's been three years, but he is serving our country-Making sure we all can dream, set goals, and stay free. Just today at work i found myself day dreaming about his first deer, what a day that was! It's my best memory and I never fired a shot. Just remember to have fun. Doug.
I have'nt turkey hunted for a long time now, back in the day I shot many lonbeards and have taken 4 with my Bow. I take a expandable broadhead loaded arrow in my quiver each bow season for the turkey or coyote that happens to come in range, but I dont go spring turkey hunting anymore, too much to do in the spring.
When you talk to your Son send him my reguards and prayers, someday soon you both with enjoy eachother again.
Hope your enjoying our Chautauqua Co. Fall, today was'nt bad but we've had enough Rain! Oh did I show you the license plate on my Ford F150, I've had the plate for about 20 yeras, seeing your froum name made me think you'd like it.
All My Best!
(BP)
Attached Thumbnails What are (if any) are your goals for this hunting season?-dsc01494.jpg  

Last edited by Breechplug; 10-19-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Spike

Other than the usual; enjoy the great outdoors,fill the freezer,
and be safe while doing so.
This year my 10yr. old daughter has decided she would like to
go deer hunting with me,not only to sit with me but also to fill
her own permit with my muzzleloader. She has done some practicing
and is shooting very good at 40yrds.
Although I have never taken a large buck with my muzzleloader, if we see a big buck it would make my day to see her make a good shot on one and put a tag on her 1st deer.

Hope everyone has a safe and successful season!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Shooting any deer, especially with a side lock, would be exciting. Where you hunt on the Prairie do you have long shots? After seeing some of Ron's and Chef's photos of open prairie, there don't look like a lot of places to ambush one. Good luck to you and everyone else.
We have creeks bottoms which hold the Whitetail. I can get close if I put my time in. I'm confident out to 100 yards with the 50 cal Hawken, 75 grains of T7 and a 240 grain Hornady PA Conical. 50 yards would be my preference.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Josmund
We have creeks bottoms which hold the Whitetail. I can get close if I put my time in. I'm confident out to 100 yards with the 50 cal Hawken, 75 grains of T7 and a 240 grain Hornady PA Conical. 50 yards would be my preference.
When I first started hunting with a MLer I used a PRB and open sights. I shot 5 deer within 20yds on the ground, put your time in and be patient and you should have no problem fullfilling your goal, good luck!
Heck KANSAS, the Land of the Monster Whitetails, that alone would be enough to satisfy my goal for this year, just being able to hunt there.
(BP)
Old 10-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just enjoy myself and have fun doing it with my buddies.

Good program there Slow Burn. I just don't like the name heroes. Spent time in Nam and 26 years in the Air Force. No one every used that word. We didn't like it. We were American fighting men, military men, or just warriors. I always thought the folks used that word to justify their short comings for their own people not serving. Just my thoughts on this subject. My idea of a hero is someone who gives his life for another!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.