Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What are (if any) are your goals for this hunting season? >

What are (if any) are your goals for this hunting season?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What are (if any) are your goals for this hunting season?

Old 10-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Spike

My goal this year like every year is to get the freezer full. Take another nice buck for the wall. First deer I ever took was in 1999(first deer season I hunted) my very first deer, nice 8pt I got mounted. Three days into our first ML season and my goals have been met. It's just being able to be outdoors in the woods and enjoying nature that does it for me. I'll take a few more deer this year but the pressure is off. Good luck everybody and be safe out there, Joe.
Attached Thumbnails What are (if any) are your goals for this hunting season?-101_0515.jpg  
Old 10-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot a Bull Elk with the new Knight Ultra-lite.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

my gold is to get a deer with my first ml...a white mountain i've learned a ton on this site...i got the right sabots and bullets(for a 1-26 barrel) thanks to everyone here....ed
Old 10-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

Shoot my first deer with the muzzleloader. Although I had played with ML"s in the past, I have never shot an animal with it. Now that I am back in it, a lot older and more serious about it I plan on a nice buck.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

This is the first year my wife of 10 years will be hunting with me (Accura V1 for her, Electra for me). My goals are:
1. That we have a safe hunt
2. Wife enjoys deer camp
3. Wife shoots a deer
4. That the food at deer camp include fresh tenderloin
Old 10-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Spike

Big -o Buck and world peace! (I learned the second part of that from watching Miss Universe.)
Old 10-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Spike

I'd like to fill at least three of my four tags (one buck, two doe and one ML tags) I'd like to at least fill one with the ML, as it's a new discipline for me.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just one or two:
Attached Thumbnails What are (if any) are your goals for this hunting season?-cropped-8-pt1.jpg   What are (if any) are your goals for this hunting season?-pict0036.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Just one or two:
Nice PA. Bucks, the antler restrictions are paying off. Good Luck and hope you Tag one of them.
(BP)
Old 10-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

rafsob,
i absolutely agree with you. I actually cringe when someone refers to me as a hero. I just wasnt moving fast enough or i wouldn't have gotten hurt. My so called PTSD counselor tried to tell me that the term warrior was a life style choice and didn't mean proven in battle. He's never served and never been down range. I think its ridulous that they was Soldiers to discuss what happened to them down range with him setting there saying feel it feel it!!! Its one of those check the box deals. Usually, I am not to awful important unless the Gov see"s an oppurtunity to wave their political agendas while waving the flag. I do it for the Soldiers, son's, brothers, fathers and mothers, sisters and all who serve this great nation. Americans need to hold their heads up and walk with pride honor and dignity. I grew up taking care of Soldiers and thats what i do best.