Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TC Hawken Discontinued >

TC Hawken Discontinued

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Hawken Discontinued

Old 12-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Scoobiedoo6559
I couldn't agree more! That no doubt is exactly what is prob going to happen - b/c if they don't have parts - how CAN they repair or replace any defective rifles then? You're right when you say that the prices of these 'traditional' rifles are going to severely limit sales! Heck - I recently only paid $500 for my brand new Savage 111 w/a 3-9x x 40mm Nikon scope and $500 for my Savage 212 12 gauge bolt action as well (unscoped). So these prices that not only Lyman and T/C and even CVA is asking for the Hawken's and such is outlandish!

I recently purchased a Lyman Great Plains rifle from Cabela's myself. Beautiful rifle - but at a whopping $579 I could have purchased a modern inline that's easier to carry, clean, and can be scoped (or not) for at least $100-150 LESS! While I love shooting 'traditional' - I may in-fact with their Lifetime Return policy return in it lieu of a inline instead. For less than what I paid for this rifle I can get a great CVA Accura for $449 (unscoped). That's $130 less for a rifle that will shoot 209 primers, 150 gr loads, has a finger removable breech plug, metal ramrod, etc.
You should have asked us before buying the GPR at Cabelas.

These guys have the best prices.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...RS&dept2=RIFLE

This guy was the cheapest. He was selling wholesale to get rid of them, but he's almost out of stock now. I bought two GPR's from him.

http://store.thirdgenerationshooting...fm/2,4705.html
Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

Damn! I did a major Internet search for sellers of these rifles and could find nothing - and at that time - I wasn't a member on here YET!

Wow that's a whole $100 LESS than what I paid! I could retunr mine to Cabela's at any time for a credit with their policy - but then that would cost me prob $15 in UPS fee's to ship it back - or even more!

Darn!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

I am going to CALL Cabela's now and tell them I found this for less somewhere else and see if they would credit me the diff instead of having the rifle returned now. I know other retailers do that sometimes in an effort to save the sale / customer.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cabelas will try to match prices, but i'm not sure about after you buy it.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Well I just called Cabela's and explained the situation to them. I am an avid customer of theirs and spoke to a Customer Service Manager concerning this - gave them the web site of Mid South Shooters so they could verify what I was saying and that this just wasn't a 'ploy' to get 'something for nothing!'

They agreed that that was quite a price difference as well. And of-course - it is!

They placed me on hold and went to look up that web site to verify what I had told them, and came back and stated "They were willing to credit me $50 on the order and $20 of the S&H Fee."

Because so many buyers of guns have abused the 'Return Policy' they now only accept returns within 30 days if not used and/or IF defective they will return it to the manufacturer for repair or replacement" but ONLY normally will match prices in their stores."

Something to keep in mind....

Being that to return it now is over 30 days AND it would cost me prob $20+ for S&H and Insurance fee's - I am happy with a $70 credit on my debit card - and will call it even.

Just figured I'd post this as a 'FYI' to all you members - that Cabela's DOES IN-FACT have this NEW policy (I wasn't aware of it - they state it only shows under their RETURN POLICY and NOT on any BP firearms pages, etc) - which I told them I think it should be then from now on so buyers are very aware of this change in policy!

Anyway - I will def keep Mid South Shooters in mind for future purchases!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

You owe me half of that $70.

You should have showed them the other link. That was $200 cheaper.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 12-13-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

What other link? I didn't check any others! SOB!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Oh crap! That's even worse! Wow - am I peeved now and feel taken!
I wish I had joined this forum sooner!

****e!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

On the phone with Cabela's now! Sure enuff that 2nd Retailer has a .50 cal for $389 with 1 left in stock. And I checked my packing slip and I HAVE NOT had my rifle longer than 30 days - so I am on the phone with Cabela's again now! Hey we're talking a $2900 difference here and they are only give me a $100 credit - so - something has to give here! I hate to be picky but $200 IS $200 these days!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Well just spoke to the Manager at Cabela's and they won't price match the other one at $200 so I told them I am within my 30 days and I am going to return it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.