Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
A nice NC buck with my CVA >

A nice NC buck with my CVA

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A nice NC buck with my CVA

Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck! This past year I bought a CVA Optima from my dad and hope to sight it in shortly.

It's always a great opportunity to hunt with family. My dad and I have hunted together for over 25 years.

Several acres of the family land were clearcut this past fall and I'm hoping to find a good rub line to setup on. I would be happy to shoot on their, but even more so to put my dad on that buck. He's seen an eight point in the area, so I know they're in there...
Old 10-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

bigtimer

Congrats to you Ray and Tyler - it is really nice when a plan comes together...

Larry and I just got in from a morning hunt... empty handed but it was exciting non-the-less, both of us got to watch four small bucks in the middle of a CRP field sparring each other. We kept hoping a big old brusier might come and get in the party - no such luck... 20 minutes later we and them wandered off in different directions...

Betting Tyler will get his opportunity very soon...

Ray, you be careful - talk to you later
Old 10-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Spike

Great story and buck, congrats!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all of the the kind words from you guys, it means a lot to me. I LOVE this time of year don't you all?

Cayugad, I was shooting 110 grains of Blackhorn 209 and a 260 grain Nosler .451 HP. Tyler shoots the same bullet and powder out of his Wolf but we cut the Blackhorn down to 90 grains.

Hey Wabi!!! Are you guys ready for the season or has it already come in for you?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good job. Too bad your son didn't get him as you wanted. But a nice story and some excellent eating. That is a nice buck.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
very nice, Bigtimer. What part of state are you in? I'm in Raleigh area, on gamelands. Got a couple spikes last week, got very lucky. Season has started good, better than last year, which was thin (but got a nice one at Jordan)

nice deer in that pic... hope to see one of those!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats! Great story and buck!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the nice buck.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Catus Magnus
very nice, Bigtimer. What part of state are you in? I'm in Raleigh area, on gamelands. Got a couple spikes last week, got very lucky. Season has started good, better than last year, which was thin (but got a nice one at Jordan)

nice deer in that pic... hope to see one of those!
Catus Magnus, I live down here near the coast in New Bern. We hunt on a 14,000 acre lease along with about 50 other members. We've been members of the club for about 10 years and love it. I hope that your luck continues!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
Thanks for all of the the kind words from you guys, it means a lot to me. I LOVE this time of year don't you all?

Cayugad, I was shooting 110 grains of Blackhorn 209 and a 260 grain Nosler .451 HP. Tyler shoots the same bullet and powder out of his Wolf but we cut the Blackhorn down to 90 grains.

Hey Wabi!!! Are you guys ready for the season or has it already come in for you?
Archery season is in, but we haven't been out much yet. It is just now getting cool enough to really feel like hunting weather.
Our muzzleloader season isn't until after gun season (January this year), but the muzzleloader is legal in gun season. Probably will be the early youth season (Nov. 17-18) before the muzzleloader is put to use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.