Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Screws for T/C Triumph Scope Base? >

Screws for T/C Triumph Scope Base?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Screws for T/C Triumph Scope Base?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Screws for T/C Triumph Scope Base?

So I recently picked up a T/C Triumph to hunt with this year. When I got it, it had a set of T/C Gorilla Grip rings on it. Needless to say, I was not a big fan of them. I removed them almost immediately and planned to replace them with a Weaver base and Burris Signature Zee rings. Well, I got the base a couple of weeks ago, but never tried to mount it. The base I got is the Weaver base for the T/C Encore and Omega. Everything I read online says this is the same base the T/C Triumph takes even though Weaver doesn't list the Triumph on the package.

So I tried to mount it up, and the screw holes line up, however the screws for the base are too long an bottom out in the gun before they are tight enough to hold the base securely. Anyone else had this problem? Any idea where I can get shorter screws that will work with this base? Or am I going to have to try another base? I have a month until black powder season starts so I don't have too long to wait.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used the same base on my truimph and didnt have that problem. You are right it doesnt list the truimph on the package, but they worked just fine.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do yourself a favor and take those back. The Talley one piece base and rings are the best for an Encore. If you keep what you got, you could foul down the base screws to fit.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Do yourself a favor and take those back. The Talley one piece base and rings are the best for an Encore. If you keep what you got, you could foul down the base screws to fit.
I thought about filing them down and that may be the way I go. The only reason I want to use this base is because I'm pretty set on using Burris Signature Zee rings. It came down to this base, or the Leupold style, and I decided to go with the Weaver style between the two.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Give Brownell"s a call and get shorter screws. Lot easier than filing. Or contact Weaver they may sent them free
Old 09-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Does anyone know what thread pitch the T/C Triumphs take? I'm not sure which size to order.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by slowr1der
Does anyone know what thread pitch the T/C Triumphs take? I'm not sure which size to order.

The pitch is 6x48 - length I am not sure about - what base are you using?
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Do you have a gunsmith in your area? Most gunsmiths have a variety of screws, for mounting a base. Also I would be very careful if you decide to file the screws you have. If the thread gets damaged when you file, and you screw them into the barrel, you could strip the threads in the barrel. Good luck.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I ended up taking the screws to the grinder and ground them down some. I'm thinking I may have cut them a little too short. I found the length I wanted, but on the last two, I cut them to that length and then had to touch them up to get it cut even, which made them shorter. I'm not sure much longer would work either though. I only have 3-4 threads actually screwing down into the gun. Does that sound like it would be enough to hold and be fairly strong? It seems like the holes on this gun aren't drilled very deep at all.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm no mechanical engineer, but as I understand it - if a screw is screwed in to a depth equal to the diameter of the screw, the hold will be adequate.