Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The new 50 caliber Knight Mountaineer Ultra-Lite >

The new 50 caliber Knight Mountaineer Ultra-Lite

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The new 50 caliber Knight Mountaineer Ultra-Lite

Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see if we can get this back on track before MH gets his pants dirty throwing a temper-tantrum.

Grouse, did you notice anymore recoil with it vs the regular model?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TNHagies
Let's see if we can get this back on track before MH gets his pants dirty throwing a temper-tantrum.

Grouse, did you notice anymore recoil with it vs the regular model?
I did notice more recoil but not bad at all. I would not exceed 125grns by volume with a 300grn bullet. Thats just me and my comfort level of shooting.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I did notice more recoil but not bad at all. I would not exceed 125grns by volume with a 300grn bullet. Thats just me and my comfort level of shooting.
Thanks, that's good to know. Where I hunt, it's LONG hikes so a lighter ML would be nice. The good news is that I rarely go above 100g with any load that I shoot since my shots are rarely more than 50 yards.

I need to get my hands on one of these
Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok, I did make a mistake. I know a Ray real good at the Denver office, and it must have been on my mind. He only works there during the time when tags are being sold before April. He's not in the office now. There is no Ray working there that answers that number I posted. Which shows grouse never called. He's just trying to get my phone number.

What I should have put was Ryan. That's who i've been talking to, and I just talked to him again. He's also going to have an e-mail sent to me verifying what i'm saying about the sabots being illegal.

He said he'd be glad to talk to anybody about the sabot law. So, we can get this all straightened out if someone would call Ryan at 1-303-297-1192. That's the Denver office.

Lets expose Grouse for who he is, and lets find out what the law is on sabots.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
No problem, call the Denver office and ask for Dick Myiers. He is in charge of everyone including Ray. He has my name and Phone number. You would save him the call, he wants to talk to you now.
I'm calling your bluff. I'm calling now.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'm calling your bluff. I'm calling now.
Great, tell Dick I said thanks.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm waiting for his call back. It will be interesting if he doesn't agree with what the law enforcement department said. Twice.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'm waiting for his call back. It will be interesting if he doesn't agree with what the law enforcement department said. Twice.
BTW- he has two Rays that work for him part-time.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:07 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Well, I called and it appears so have others. This is a topic of discussion at the Denver office. I won't get into the middle of the debate but I do know what Bill, who talked to Dick Meiers said to me. So I think if I go to Colorado to hunt elk with my muzzleloader i know what i must do.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I started a new thread on the CO regualtions - it is with the data I found on a quick search with posted links -

So have it guys!

JW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.