Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The new 50 caliber Knight Mountaineer Ultra-Lite >

The new 50 caliber Knight Mountaineer Ultra-Lite

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The new 50 caliber Knight Mountaineer Ultra-Lite

Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

sabotloader, I had emailed them as well earlier today when all of this started and haven't got anything back. Boy...I came home from church and this thread got to 13 pages.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

We're bored.

Maybe i'll send a mail to them too. I'll tell them I was told it was illegal, and nobody believes me. Lets see if they change their mind, or give me proof.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 09-23-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by chaded
sabotloader, I had emailed them as well earlier today when all of this started and haven't got anything back. Boy...I came home from church and this thread got to 13 pages.
I do not expect anything until the middle of the week... But from the black and white it seems pretty conclusive.. but stranger things have happened...
Old 09-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
I bet a person could come up with a full bore lehigh if absolutely necessary.
I got them
Old 09-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

How much is this gun going for? Who has them in stock? This will be my next muzzleloader for sure. Please post more pics and info when you can. Thanks again.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is much as i didnt want to do it i called. The rules are clearly spelled out to me but to be safe i called several places including Bass Pro Shops in Denver Colorado.

I talked to the Manager of communications of the Colorado parks and Wildlife. His name is Richard Myiers, very nice guy. The rules are just as stated. A 50 caliber muzzleloader with a saboted bullet must weigh 170grns or more in Rifle season.

THe guy at Bass Pro-shops said the exact same thing. I also talked to a ma and pa store and they said the exact same thing. The Knight Ultra lite will be in Colorado this year.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good news!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Is much as i didnt want to do it i called. The rules are clearly spelled out to me but to be safe i called several places including Bass Pro Shops in Denver Colorado.

I talked to the Manager of communications of the Colorado parks and Wildlife. His name is Richard Myiers, very nice guy. The rules are just as stated. A 50 caliber muzzleloader with a saboted bullet must weigh 170grns or more in Rifle season.

THe guy at Bass Pro-shops said the exact same thing. I also talked to a ma and pa store and they said the exact same thing. The Knight Ultra lite will be in Colorado this year.

I wanted to get deeper into too. I just got off the phone from the Denver office.

Do me a favor Grouse. Call this number, and ask for Ray. 1-303- 297-1192.

We just talked about 15min, and I even brought up that a PRB is under .500. He knows the law, and has talked to the law enforcement department. These are the guys who set the laws.

If you really want to know the truth and stay legal you'll call him. If you want to believe some clown from Bass Pro Shop (funny). Then you don't want to know the truth, and are ok with breaking the law.

Dial that number, and then hit 0 (zero). Ask for Ray so you don't have to explain the hole deal to someone new.

Show me you really care about staying legal.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45

Great, you should be good to go, Good Luck on the hunt.
BTW, That ultra lite is the first new gun to grab my attention in quite a while.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Unbelievable. The blind leading the blind.

Somebody call that number. It might save Grouse a ticket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.