Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Muley is correct.... Knight Ultra Lite >

Muley is correct.... Knight Ultra Lite

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Muley is correct.... Knight Ultra Lite

Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

I want one. Can't wait to see a report on one.

Quick question. How much powder do you think you could burn in that 24in. barrel? Do you think I would still be able to use 110gr. of BH209 and get it all to burn. Say with a 300gr, bullet?

Last edited by SHulion; 09-20-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SHulion
I want one. Can't wait to see a report on one.

Quick question. How much powder do you think you could burn in that 24in. barrel? Do you think I would still be able to use 110gr. of BH209 and get it all to burn. Say with a 300gr, bullet?
Depending on the weight of the bullet... but yes I believe you can...
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't believe BH needs a long barrel to burn. It's more like smokeless in that regard.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SHulion
.............................How much powder do you think you could burn in that 24in. barrel? Do you think I would still be able to use 110gr. of BH209 and get it all to burn. Say with a 300gr, bullet?
110g Blackhorn powder works well in my 24" and 23" Omega X7 pushing 300g Deep Curl bullet. However, i cannot honestly write it 'all' burns, because i just don't know. What i can write is it is accurate, reliable, easy to use, and is my 'go to' load. Another load that works in my rifle(s) is the same powder load behind the 270g Deep Curl.

110g Blackhorn powder works good in my Knight rifles too, but of course they have longer barrel.