Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What do you think in regards to American products? >

What do you think in regards to American products?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What do you think in regards to American products?

Old 08-31-2012, 08:52 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by chaded
Just have to use the next best thing....Blackhorn!
You Got me there .

Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
No answer to who makes the parts in a Knight gun. Should I assume they don't make any of them?
Isn't it past your bed time ?

Old 09-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Left hand, all American made and only 7lb 1.9oz with scope, rings and sling. The only items not made in house are the rings, trigger (he did design it though) and ramrod. Oops and the Douglas Premium XX barrel but thats a pretty common practice.

New Ultra Light Arms M209

Order now and you can have one in 6-9 months in your choice of color, LOP, twist, barrel contour/length and SS or chromoly barrel.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 09-01-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Isn't it past your bed time ?
Yes, it was, and now my hunting schedule is screwed up. I slept in this morning.

Back to going to bed early, and getting up early.

Seriously though. Does Knight make any parts, or are they selling assembled kit guns? Just curious.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does CVA make any gun parts in house in the USA and employ Americans in the manufacturing process?

I would rather see an American company employ Americans from another American company than outsource nearly all the higher paying manufacturing jobs to a foreign country with 23% unemployment and begging for a bailout from the rest of the Euro zone.

BTW where is Connecticut Valley located in Spain?
Old 09-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Does CVA make any gun parts in house in the USA and employ Americans in the manufacturing process?

I would rather see an American company employ Americans from another American company than outsource nearly all the higher paying manufacturing jobs to a foreign country with 23% unemployment and begging for a bailout from the rest of the Euro zone.

BTW where is Connecticut Valley located in Spain?
You didn't answer the question. I never claimed CVA was American made.

Anyway, I guess my question is answered.

BTW..What scopes do you use?
Old 09-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Read Randy's stuff if you want to get sidetracked. He gets paid to go after CVA.
Randy Wakeman is a comedian in the Chicago area. He holds no degrees in metallurgical engineering and his opinion is no better than anybody else's.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Yes, Durasight and Powerbelt bullets, along with all the CVA employees that work IN the USA to sell the guns and take care of customer service.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

That doesn't sound like IN HOUSE to me and PBs don't sound like a gun part. Sales and CS don't sound like skilled manufacturing jobs either.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

To me, buying American is the right thing to do.

I will buy stuff made offshore but only if it's clearly better for me and my family and I have no good American made alternatives.

I have have a White, a 3 TC's and several Knights. I see no advantage in buying a gun made in Europe. CVA's are fine guns but I have very good, or superior, American made alternaitves.

P.S. I don't care if American companies contract the components to other American companies. I actually think this is even better for our economy by speading jobs accrosss the land. Let the barrel and trigger experts do what they do best. It's smart to buy their expertise to improve your product.

To each is own but this is how I choose to spend my dollars.

Last edited by Josmund; 09-01-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.