Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What do you guys think about this??? >

What do you guys think about this???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What do you guys think about this???

Old 08-24-2012, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default What do you guys think about this???

I've been looking at this hinge pin locker for my Endeavor. The gun is shooting great but I was thinking if I could take any play out of it then why not. What do you guys think? Does this thing work?

http://www.eabco.com/EncorePin.html
Old 08-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Your Encore may have problems that an aftermarket hinge pin may not fix. In addition to out of round hinge pins some Encore barrels have out of round and/or tapered hinge pin holes. Many Encore actions have too much clearance between the sides of the breech and the barrel.

Last edited by falcon; 08-25-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

The gun shoots great. I was just wondering if this would keep the barrel from moving side to side. Like I said, I'm not having any problems with the gun right now.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

My Encore shoots well too and its barrel moves from side to side. But when the barrel is moves from to side there are problems. i wonder how much better mine would shoot if the barrel and receiver were fitted correctly. TC just did a sloppy job on those guns.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an Encore, but not the locker pin. In my opinion, what's it hurt to try.
Another option is the Bellm 1x or 2x pins. These are pins that are just barely oversized to provide an "'interference fit" I believe is what he calls it. Something else to look at and I believe they're a little cheaper.

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=7
Old 08-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

I've seen the Bellms oversized pins before but I don't want to have to do Ny modifications to the barrel or frame if the larger pin didn't fit.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I purchased the Belm oversized pins and the 1x worked perfectly in my endeavor. It tightened it right up and there is no play in it now whatsoever.