Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Help me with a decision >

Help me with a decision

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Help me with a decision

Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

And this my good friends is from a partially sane individual who has a nasty habit of scoping sidelocks.
True. But they're wood stocked sidelocks.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bronco...Did you feel any creep in your Optima trigger?

Carlos..Maybe you can chime in here. You shoot 1" groups at 300yds with an Accura. Do you feel any creep?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

The Accura V2 I owned had the worst trigger as far as creep went compared to the other guns I owned. The Apex had a good trigger.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Banned

Accura V2.

Buy a can of birchwood casey Gun scrubber and Barricade to blast the nasty grease out of the trigger Assy.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:09 AM
Typical Buck

I have no experience with either of these guns. However, each time I see a review of MZ's in Outdoor Life or F & S they have the Vorteck listed as the best gun available.

Are we missing something or is there payola behind the reviews?
Old 08-22-2012, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, personally I would buy a Triumph or a X7, but I insist on a good trigger or a gun that can be worked on with out buying expensive fixtures. I have worked on both for other people and while you can not hone the action and they are normally at least a bit rough some will smooth out through use and some boiling water and polishing compound applied right will help but it may take several applications. So if I had to make that choice I would go with the Accura.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

I have a cva optima and it shoots better than my remington 30-06. go with the cva
Old 08-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

It seems like TC owners are the only ones who say the Accura has a bad trigger.

I've never read any review that says the Accura trigger is bad. They usually praise it to being the best trigger they ever felt on any muzzleloader.

Strange huh?

I beiever I even read Randy Wakeman say it, and we all know how he hates CVA. So, lets not say the reviews aren't honest.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
In the last year i have purchase 2 Omega on clearance at reduced prices. Too bad you didn't purchase either of these rifle; they are really really fine. Both are super accurate, and good to 300 yard. Just now i looked around the net, and couldn't find a good buy on any Omega. I will not part with any of my Omega, but i do have a Triumph listed in the classified that may be a good buy for you. There is also a couple of Accura listed that may be a good buy for you. All three of these rifle are in excellent condition.

If it were me, i would suck it up, and pay the price for this X7, however, it is a lot of money. Mine have excellent trigger, shoot straight, carry nicely, etc. Wood stock is a plus to me; i like the way it feels.

TC rifle have steel sling swivel; some others have plastic swivel cast as part of the stock. TC rifle have crisp breaking trigger without creep. Whenever, i am shooting the TC rifle; just after it fires i have zero thoughts about what happened at the instant of ignition i.e. i have no recall of the trigger.

Of the two choices you asked about, i cannot comment on the Traditions; i have never held one. I do own 3 Accura. One, is worn out; one has never been fired. All 3 Accura have some creep in the trigger, which isn't bad, but it is there. After pulling the trigger on the Accura, i remember squeezing the trigger through the creep. They are decent rifle, but...............
What would you keep the omega's over the Triumph. "just curious"
Old 08-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Josmund
I have no experience with either of these guns. However, each time I see a review of MZ's in Outdoor Life or F & S they have the Vorteck listed as the best gun available.

Are we missing something or is there payola behind the reviews?
ive reviewed the vortek ldr and while its a beautiful rifle, there are some changes in the trigger that need to be changed. The "curl" of the trigger IMO is to much and tends to make you pull in an upward motion, making the trigger pull feel heavier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.