Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What do You get when you buy your Hunting License and how much does it cost? >

What do You get when you buy your Hunting License and how much does it cost?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What do You get when you buy your Hunting License and how much does it cost?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Semisane
I go to a hardware store a half mile from home and give them $5 for my annual "Senior" hunting and fishing license.

The deer limit is 3 bucks & 3 does per year. Turkey limit is 3 per year. Small game has a daily limit (10 quail, 8 rabbits, 8 squirrels, etc.) with no yearly limit.
Same here, I don't hunt duck,that would be extra if i did.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Virginia I purchased a disabled vet license for fish & hunt. The lifetime license covers all hunting tags, deer, bear and turkey. It cost me all of ten dollars. I do have to buy migratory stamps. I can take 3 antler and 3 antler less deer, 3 turkeys and one bear. I can also buy additional doe tags. Fishing license doesn't cover saltwater. But at my age (65) I don't need a license. But we do have to register for a federal number which I think is BS!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

In Indiana its $24 per deer tag one for each season Archery, Firearms, Muzzleloader. You can take a buck in firearms and either sex in Archery and Muzzleloader however only one buck per year. You can buy doe tags as well that are good in any season. $24 for the first one and $15 after that. In my county we can take 8 extra does after your regular licenses. So if you hunt every season you could take 11 deer.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Don't understand why some states put tag restrictions on bucks. You don't manage your deer herds by limiting your buck population! Unusual management techniques.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

You'd have no herd if we killed all the bucks.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You'd have no herd if we killed all the bucks.
All do respect pal, but that ain't never going to happen. To effectively manage a deer herd you cull your does. Bucks will work overtime and end up with bloody sex tools trying to service all the does!!! It is in there genes for any animal who pro creates but once a year. It is called servival of the species!

Do you actually believe we could kill off all the bucks enough to kill off a species? Seriously, manage the does and you control the herd growth. As far as I know this the standard means of control.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look at history, and you'll understand with no restrictions. Man can easily kill off a species.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

You don't seem to understand a scientific approach to managing our deer herds. Here in Virginia we can take three bucks a year. If your wanting to decrease the herd, you target does. Some of the oldtimers would never shoot a doe. That mind set was driven when the whole herd was down in size to a point that it was an accomplishment to even see a deer in the woods.

And just for the hell of it what species did man have a hand in making extinct? I know the free huggers are always waving that flag, but I'm still looking!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

The passenger pigeon. The dodo.................?

It is my understanding elk, deer, antelope, and buffalo herds were a way way smaller 100 years ago, than they are today. It is my understanding most of the growth of these herds can be attributed to monies collected from hunters.

A man that lived around Phillip, SD is given a lot of credit to have the foresight that 'saved' the Bison.

It seems to me that 'extinction' is a natural process. There are far more specie that are extinct, than specie that live today.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rafsob
You don't seem to understand a scientific approach to managing our deer herds. Here in Virginia we can take three bucks a year. If your wanting to decrease the herd, you target does. Some of the oldtimers would never shoot a doe. That mind set was driven when the whole herd was down in size to a point that it was an accomplishment to even see a deer in the woods.

And just for the hell of it what species did man have a hand in making extinct? I know the free huggers are always waving that flag, but I'm still looking!!!
I understand herd management very well, but you made the statement that hunting bucks should have no restrictions. To me that means unlimited tags, and unlimited take. That's ridiculous.

Elk herds would have been wiped out if men like Theodore Roosevelt didn't step in to stop it. Yo do know that elk used to be in almost every state.

The same with deer if man was free to kill as many as they were doing at the turn of the century.

No need to mention what happened to the buffalo.

Read my post again. I said man CAN easily kill off a species. I didn't say we did. We might have if everybody thought like you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.