Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
DeepCurl/Gold Dot Hollow Point vs Soft Point >

DeepCurl/Gold Dot Hollow Point vs Soft Point

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

DeepCurl/Gold Dot Hollow Point vs Soft Point

Old 08-17-2012, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default DeepCurl/Gold Dot Hollow Point vs Soft Point

I had some green crushed rib sabots lying around, so I decided to mate them up with some 270gr .44 DeepCurls. Unfortunately I didn't examine the label closely at the store, and when I opened them I discovered I had inadvertently purchased SPs instead of HPs. I've never used the SPs before. Anyone have any comment on their accuracy and terminal performance vs the HPs?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are deadly on deer. To me they seem to expand easier than 300g hollow point. In some of my rifles they are very accurate; in others not so much.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Same with me. I purchased a box thinking they were hollow point and discovered my error. I never shot game with them, but tested them in several rifles. Some rifles shot them real well. Others, past 75 yards they were terrible, flying all over the place. I always figured to use them short range out of my Knight tree rifles though, and they'd be fine.