Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC or CVA ?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Spike

Default TC or CVA ?

Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions that I would like to hear some advice. My first question is TC or CVA? I`m getting ready to buy one of these. My next question is if the CVA, which one the New Optima 209 magnum or the Accura V2, and can you buy different barrels for either of them? I would appreciate any input. Thanks earlly
Old 08-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

no to being able to change barrels on the new optima and accura.

you almost have to move up to the top of the line for both tc and cva to be able to exchange barrels.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

You can't buy different barrels for those guns you listed. If your looking for that feature I would look at the Cva Apex. It is a nice gun. As for Cva or Tc, I would suggest you go handle them and see which one feels the best for you and has the features you are looking for. I have had the Accura V2, Apex, Tc Encore Pro Hunter, and now the Tc Triumph and they are all good guns. Best one out of the box in my experience has been the Tc Triumph. Can't go wrong with any of those though.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Banned

I own both and they are both excellent shooters. Which will be most accurate? I can not say. My cheapest is a $180 wolf and it shoots like a mofo!
check it out,
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...ht-update.html
Old 08-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kind of a Chevy-Ford deal. Pick the one that feels the best when you shoulder it.

Personally, I like the CVA best.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Kind of a Chevy-Ford deal. Pick the one that feels the best when you shoulder it.
+1.... While I don't know anything good or bad about CVA Service, I do know that TC's is awesome. Lifetime warranty with no questions asked. If you ever have an issue, even years down the road, you will be pleased with how you're treated.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

If your looking for one gun foundation that different barrels can be purchased and used off of.. The T/C Encore, or the CVA Apex are good choices. It is a great shooting muzzleloader from all the reports I have read, and Bergara sells barrels that can be interchanged on it making it a deadly center fire rifle as well. Granted as I say.. its a single shot, but make that shot count and its all that you need.

Now if you were looking for just a muzzleloader, any of them would work. But personally I would lean to the Accura 2. Again, the Bergera barrel, and the range reports I have read on the Accura are most impressive. So are the reports on the Triumph, Omega, and Optima.

Its a hard choice as people will tell you their favorite. I personally do not own any of them. I still shoot old school rifles. And am fine with them. Good luck on your choice. Get out and handle some of them. See which one feels good for you.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Earlly,

If it matters to you, I think the TC's are American made. The CVA's are foreign made.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Banned

doesnt make a difference where its made, i can take a crap in a box and mark is American made. You still want it?
Old 08-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
doesnt make a difference where its made, i can take a crap in a box and mark is American made. You still want it?
Thank you MountainDevil54.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.