Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC or CVA ?

Old 08-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, but all things being equal, if I WERE buying crap, it would be American made crap!

If the guns shoot the same and are the same general price, I would buy American.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

One reason to consider the CVA over the T/C is if you ever want to shoot conicals. T/C makes theirs to shoot sabots only and they won't guarantee accuracy of conicals (and many of their guns will not shoot them due to the QLA)
Old 08-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not buying American if I like something else better, and not fond of the American product.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Spike

Thanks everyone for the input. It was very helpful
Old 08-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
doesnt make a difference where its made, i can take a crap in a box and mark is American made. You still want it?
The problem with this statement is that "crap" has nothing to do with anything. I would say both brands have equally there share of pros and cons. I have had a couple of each brand and I can tell you about a T/C that I had some issues with that I had fixed on my own and I can tell you about a CVA that I had issues with but never got taking care of by the company after trying with them several times.

To the OP, don't let this "chevy/ford debate" hinder you search. Go shoulder as many as you can that interest you and pick the one that picks you. Also, I wouldn't hesitate to throw Knight in the bunch. Very good quality along with the best trigger I have ever felt on a muzzleloader.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

earlly

Have you considered a Knight? It will shoot both conicals and sabots... And come with a SS Green Mountain barrel...

If you have not been there might look at this thread...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...zleloader.html

Last edited by sabotloader; 08-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
doesnt make a difference where its made, i can take a crap in a box and mark is American made. You still want it?
It seems to me you have missed the point.

There are many folks that try to purchase American whenever it is possible. The reason they do this is not so much for the quality, but just because. Right or wrong, many feel they owe it to America, to try and keep their monies as close to home as possible. Whether or not the quality of CVA is better or worse than the quality of TC, is not the issue. The fact is, more of monies one spends on a TC product stays in country than the monies spent on a CVA product. It matters not that the CVA product may be, quality wise, as good as a TC product.

Wages earned by TC employees are mostly spent on groceries, clothing, etc. right where they live, here in America. The same cannot be said for the craftsmen that make CVA rifles; their wages are spent on groceries etc. in Spain. Some folks purchasing rifles, think of these things, and want to buy American. Because they live in America, they have the freedom to do so, and they have no wish to read about your bowel movements.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
It seems to me you have missed the point.

There are many folks that try to purchase American whenever it is possible. The reason they do this is not so much for the quality, but just because. Right or wrong, many feel they owe it to America, to try and keep their monies as close to home as possible. Whether or not the quality of CVA is better or worse than the quality of TC, is not the issue. The fact is, more of monies one spends on a TC product stays in country than the monies spent on a CVA product. It matters not that the CVA product may be, quality wise, as good as a TC product.

Wages earned by TC employees are mostly spent on groceries, clothing, etc. right where they live, here in America. The same cannot be said for the craftsmen that make CVA rifles; their wages are spent on groceries etc. in Spain. Some folks purchasing rifles, think of these things, and want to buy American. Because they live in America, they have the freedom to do so, and they have no wish to read about your bowel movements.
You hit the nail on the head. I agree 100% Ron
Old 08-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lets not forget the employees that work at CVA here in the US.

What cars do you all drive?

Your scope?

Hunting clothing?

TV? Computer?

Etc Etc....

Lets not pick on just one item.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 08-05-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:14 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter

What cars do you all drive?
Master of deflection strikes again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.