Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Flip this question >

Flip this question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Flip this question

Old 07-31-2012, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Omega45
Your Wolf does not have a Bergara barrel. The Optima does not have a Bergara barrel. If CVA wanted them to have Bergara barrels then they would have put a stamped Bergara barrel on it. I do not care what CVA says. It's not a Bergara barrel. I have three Bergara barrels in the safe. I know they are Bergara because they are stamped Bergara. Your Wolfie has no stamp so stating it's a Bergara is confusing people new to the sport.

Where does it say on here that BH209 is smokeless powder? Hmm confusing isn't it.
http://www.blackhorn209.com/

You and your MR. Seems your "cheap" secret source you posted about has not come through yet. Whats it been 5 months?

BTW.......Powerbelts are the worst overpriced bullets out there.

Heard your a moderator now over on Frontier Muzzleloadin.

The Wolf and Optima barrels are made by Bergara. What would you call them? Who makes them in your vast knowledge?

Look at a package of Powerbelt bullets. Read the pamphlet that comes with them. Look at the address where they're made. Nowhere will you see the words CVA.

I'm not promoting PB's. I use Thors.

Blame CVA for me not having an MR yet. They came late, and not enough of them. It's coming.

If you don't think BH is a smokeless powder detuned to equal power to BP when measure by equal volume. You have your head in the sand. It appears the only criteria for being a BP sub is it has to have equal power when measured by equal volume. The contents of the powder is immaterial.
Why do you think it's outlawed at BP events when all the other subs are legal to use. Do you think they know something you don't? Why do you think Colorado tried to outlaw it? Along with other states too. Why has CAS outlawed BH 209 in the BP classes?
The Dec 2010 issue of Handloader Mag, page 62, 2nd sentence...."B.H.209 is actually a smokeless powder"..

As usual. You're just trying to make trouble. You never contributed anything to the topic question. Your whole purpose of your post was to put me down. You do it over and over.

Very peaceful at Jon's forum since you left.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 07-31-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

More on BH 209. Draw your own conclusions.

http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/in...p?topic=6150.0
Old 07-31-2012, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

You are a googler. By your ignorance you are confusing new people to the sport. Like it or not BH209 is a black powder substitute.

Just because two things are made at the same place or by the same company does not make them equal. That's like saying a Ford Focus is really a Mustang. Your beloved Wolf that had a scope, I'll never use a scope again, peep sites are the best, now has a scope but i will keep it on 1.5x, does not have a Bergara barrel.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why can't you be man enough to just ignore me?

You notice I never make a post to you first? You should try that, because you just keeping bringing up the same old things, and it's getting old.

You don't know me, and never have.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 07-31-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Wow.... a lot of anger in your post.

BH209..........progressive burning black powder substitute. Sounds better and is more appropriate IMO.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't get angry at children.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

I figured I wasn't too interested in RB as it loses it's oomph too quickly. The PB's seem to have lower than expected BC's and cost as much as others that seem better.

As I figure I'll buy a .50 cal Deerstalker with the 1:48" twist I'd try out Hornady's FPB and 385 grn Great Plains conical, as well as the Thor. I'd also try out some sabots to see how well they group, though I don't expect much.

Outside of casting what else is there?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, only read a few comments but personally from all I've read, and not just on this Thread, I would'nt use Powerbelts. I've never used them, but I dont even want to try them. I know there accurate, but that does'nt mean they can do the job when it counts. And Im a CVA guy all the way.
I go by in the field, first hand, deer killing ecperience.
(BP)
Old 08-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I want to like PB's, but when it comes to shoving one down the bore for a hunt. I can't do it.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Banned

muley i am going to set my dads Apex up with the 300gr Aerolite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.