Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Flip this question >

Flip this question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Flip this question

Old 07-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
The CVA boys have deflected again. The thread started out to be about poor performing bullet. Many of these poor performing bullet were CVA bullet. The CVA boys then began the deflection about the name of these bullet. At least now we know the name of these bad bullet is Powerbelt. Then we were taught the correct name of the barrel. Now we read about the weather in New Mexico. Now, if i refer to you boys as the BPI boys, is that correct? You BPI boys sure are good at deflection, and once again have steered a thread off course. We went from bullets we wouldn't use, to proper naming, to the heat, to the weather in New Mexico. Excellent deflection from the fact that them powerbelt bullet have many detractors.
I simple corrected you when you called a Powerbelt a CVA bullet. That might confuse someone new to the sport.

You didn't like that and reacted.

Don't always try and shift the blame to others.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 07-30-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Does a Wolf and an Optima have a Bergara barrel? According to you, Muley, you say it does as its made at the same plant. It's not a Bergara barrel. If it were a Bergara barrel it would be stamped Bergara. Polish and hone that Wolfster as much as you want, its still not a Bergara.

Is Blackhorn 209 considered smokeless powder? You seem to always post that it's toned down smokeless powder. It's classified as a black powder substitute, not smokeless powder.

Statements you make like the above mentioned will also confuse new people to the sport.

Some may not have seen your deregatory post about Ron shooting Cheez-it boxes. I however did before you modified it. You, however are the best keyboard shooter on this board!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody is talking to you Omega.

The Wolf has a Bergara barrel. CVA will tell you that.

BH is a detuned smokeless powder. Others agree even if you don't.

So, nobody needs to be confused.

I changed my post to not start any more trouble.

Something you should consider too ace.

btw..The MR will have a Bergara barrel to even satisfy you, and then i'll give away the Wolf. I got it to fill in while waiting for the MR.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 07-30-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM
1874sharpsshooter

If you at the links Ron posted for sportsman guide and grafs the ad for the powerbelts refers to them as CVA bullets . Maybe you better get in touch with them and inform them of that tragic mistake in their ad copy.
Regardless of whether you want to call them just Powerbelts or CVA powerbelts the fact remains that they are a very expensive bullet that are plain no good. There are much better bullets and at a cheaper price
A rose by any other name is still a rose and a bad bullet by any other name is still a bad bullet .

After thinking about it I decided to edit my post here to add that if I had no choice but powerbelts I would use the all lead bullets in 444 gr for 54 cal or 405 gr in 50 cal or the 300 gr 45 cal platinums if I was shooting a stout powder load in my 45

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 07-30-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

Your Wolf does not have a Bergara barrel. The Optima does not have a Bergara barrel. If CVA wanted them to have Bergara barrels then they would have put a stamped Bergara barrel on it. I do not care what CVA says. It's not a Bergara barrel. I have three Bergara barrels in the safe. I know they are Bergara because they are stamped Bergara. Your Wolfie has no stamp so stating it's a Bergara is confusing people new to the sport.

Where does it say on here that BH209 is smokeless powder? Hmm confusing isn't it.
http://www.blackhorn209.com/

You and your MR. Seems your "cheap" secret source you posted about has not come through yet. Whats it been 5 months?

BTW.......Powerbelts are the worst overpriced bullets out there.

Heard your a moderator now over on Frontier Muzzleloadin.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think there is a bullet that I would never use. I used to shoot PB and did stop using them from all the negitive remarks on here about them. I had only shot two deer with them when I quit using them and both bullets performed just fine. I have never shot any of the Maxi hunters Dave was talking about, but I have shot many many deer with the TC maxi ball and have never had a one of those to fail me. My wife shoots the Barnes expander MZ out of her rifle and those bullets perform flawless so far. I have yet to shoot my new bone collector but I intend to start out with bonded shock waves out of it. I have shot 1/2 dozen deer with the shock waves with no problems. What bullet I use really depends on which ml I am using.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Fork Horn

I sure hope MML stays open....

People love PB and people hate them, guess we can leave it up to each shooter to find out,for me I will pass. Glad I had a full coffee reading the rest of this thread.

Steve
Old 07-31-2012, 02:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sure can tell it's hot/dry/between seasons...

Seems every website I follow the natives are restless...

Take a deep breath and thank the good Lord for what we have
and another day in your life...

Life is good fellows...
Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

power belts do not perform for me either... won't use em...
Old 07-31-2012, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.