Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight has posted the new Ultra-Lite model on their website >

Knight has posted the new Ultra-Lite model on their website

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight has posted the new Ultra-Lite model on their website

Old 06-25-2012, 01:29 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Everything on the new Knight Rifles is American made.

For anyone to say a new Knight Ultralight is over priced is pure speculation. What have you done with it to make that statement? It might be to much for some peoples incomes right now i agree. But just because you cant afford it, doesnt make it over priced.
That's true. The cost doesn't determine if its overpriced. The materials, craftsmanship and things like that are what determines value.
Ive seen cheap 200 dollar guns that are overpriced because they consist of cheap plastic and pot metal and are worth probably 50 bucks instead of 200. That would make them overpriced.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
That's true. The cost doesn't determine if its overpriced. The materials, craftsmanship and things like that are what determines value.
Ive seen cheap 200 dollar guns that are overpriced because they consist of cheap plastic and pot metal and are worth probably 50 bucks instead of 200. That would make them overpriced.
AGREED.. quaility has a lot to do with the being overpriced or not.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd prefer a new Winchester Model 70 for $900, but that's me.

A solid stock, and floated barrel isn't going to help much on a ML at the distances it's shot at.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:34 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'd prefer a new Winchester Model 70 for $900, but that's me.

A solid stock, and floated barrel isn't going to help much on a ML at the distances it's shot at.
Those who shoot 200 to 300 yards with their muzzys may disagree with that statement.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had CF guns that shot tight groups at long distance, and weren't floated and had wood stocks. (Rem 700)

Not sure why a ML would be any different? As an experiment i've shot all my CVA at 200yds, and they did fine. Flexy plastic stocks.

I'm not saying bedding the action, and floating the barrel doesn't help. That would be foolish to say. However, 200-300 yds is not a long shot in the world of rifles.

If you're going to target shoot long distances. It's an advantage. Hunting? Not so much.

However, if you're convinced you need it, and it makes you feel better. It's your money. Knock yourself out. You'll have bragging rights with the Knight guys.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Banned

hey its as the saying goes, no one ever said money ever gave you brains.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter

Right on. Some manufacturers market their price points, trying to convince consumers that they are getting the "best deal" by spending less.