Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Thunder & Lightning @ the Farm >

Thunder & Lightning @ the Farm

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thunder & Lightning @ the Farm

Old 06-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Thunder & Lightning @ the Farm

Shouldn't have but I took a few hours off this afternoon to run to the farm to shoot the Lightning.

It was not a bad first outing with a new gun, but I was hoping for a little better at a 100.

Only shot the one type of bullet and one powder load to do the testing. Since the gun was new to me and I had installed a WGRS sight the Nimrodder sent along plus I had change the front site to a sight I had taken off one of my Omegas to get the heigth I thought I needed. I did bore sight it @ 13 yards here in the house.

25 yards was the first target setup and shoot. My first three shots from the lightning impressed me. I then made a sight adjustment and ran the target out to 100. That group did not impress me but I can live it right now. I do have to change the front sight again to a lower blade setup. So I decided to stay with the sight for now as it was. Set a bunch of clay pigeons @ 75 and worked over them.

One other thing, when I was working the gun in the house, I did feel a little bit of creep in the trigger, but today on the bench that creep seemed a mile long... I will get that adjusted before the next trip - hopefully that will help me tighten up the 100 yard group.

It really looks to me like this Lehigh Sabotless is going to load and shoot just fine from this short barreld Lightning. I will get some velocities in the next trip out hopefully.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...Components.jpg" />

Old 06-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sure isn't bad at all with a peep. It will only get better.
Art
Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

A four-shot group of 2.5" at 100 yards with peep sights and you were diasppointed? Sabotloader, I'm afraid you're getting a bit spoiled. I'd have been smiling all the way home.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Dominant Buck

If you need some big lead conicals, let me know. Nice shooting there.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Semisane
A four-shot group of 2.5" at 100 yards with peep sights and you were diasppointed? Sabotloader, I'm afraid you're getting a bit spoiled. I'd have been smiling all the way home.
But it looks terrible...
Old 06-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

But it looks terrible...
Draw a circle around it. It will look better and you will realize it's really a darn good group.