Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
muzzleloader with draws >

muzzleloader with draws

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

muzzleloader with draws

Old 06-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default muzzleloader with draws

I have been shooting my mossberg 715t alot lately. i am starting to have muzzleloader withdraw.

i can't decide to take the next time I goto the range.

my cva wolf, knight disc original, flintlock or one of my hawkens. I am going to take my mossberg.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm having some shooting withdrawal symptoms myself Corey. It's been too hot to go shooting with the daytime temps around 92 and the humidity in the mid-80s. But I might sweat it out next weekend.

Fortunately, my underhammer build project has been keeping me occupied. I've been refining the design, collecting parts and fittings, and am pretty close to doing some actual work on it.

As far as which gun to take, roundball shooters are cheap to feed.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i normally pretty cheap when i goto the range anyway. I shot mostly cast and mine for lead when i go to change targets ( when it is not busy)
Old 06-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is why I have just one gun at a time. No decisions to make on what gun to use.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Take them all. Shoot one, let it cool. While it cools shoot another. Set that one to the side. Then pick up that .22 and spray the target. I've been shoot the Sig with a 25 shot Black Dog magazine as fast as it will fire. That is just a Hoot!!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

wish I could, I am really thinking about taking my wolf. try to get it ready for hunting season, if I do go hunting this year. going to have to find some new places to go. where I been going has been sad to say the least. I am hoping a friend of mine lets me hunt his farm this year.