Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Toby Bridges - EXPOSED!!!! >

Toby Bridges - EXPOSED!!!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Toby Bridges - EXPOSED!!!!

Old 05-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Yuuuup its a wakeman shill
That may very well be true (I haven't taken the time yet to verify), but lawsuits are public record and the copies of over 50 lawsuits against CVA are on that site. So, with a little reading, it's easy to determine that CVA has had major barrel failure issues in the recent past. That's enough for me to pass right by every CVA I see on the gun rack, regardless of price!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

16. Brand Bashing and generally arguementative posts will not be tolerated. Legitimate posts regarding problems that you have experienced with a particular piece of equipment or service will be allowed. However, posts that are directly bashing a product or manufacturer are not allowed on HuntingNet.com. These forums and chat room are designed as a place for hunters to gather to exchange stories, advice, and meet other hunters from around the world - not to argue amongst ourselves or to talk down about any individual business or product. All posts of this nature will be removed and disciplinary action will be taken against their author.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jim.beam
That may very well be true (I haven't taken the time yet to verify), but lawsuits are public record and the copies of over 50 lawsuits against CVA are on that site. So, with a little reading, it's easy to determine that CVA has had major barrel failure issues in the recent past. That's enough for me to pass right by every CVA I see on the gun rack, regardless of price!
More CVA muzzleloaders are sold than any other brand. They'll make out fine without selling one to you.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting muzzleloaders now for about 6 years and kill deer every year. Everything I've learned I've learned right here. I don't listen to guys on TV. As far as I'm concerned they are being paid by a company to pimp their products.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Going back to the original post at the start of the thread, I do find it disturbing. I have always enjoyed reading Toby's stuff. I have always had a love for Knight rifles in common with Toby...until he changed his tune recently. I did find it interesting how Toby would so quickly abandon his business relationships so quickly. Many will recall that he broke his relationship with his previous internet domain company so quickly that his former webiste was off the net overnight. I don't know the details, and don't really care to. After reading what Wakeman had to say, I do feel a little vindicated that the new Knight company is not bad or out to defraud the public. I still feel safe in planning to buy a Mountaineer some day. But...I really hate to see this whole thing happen. It doesn't do anyone any good.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

The best thing is to promote what you like, without bashing others.

Randy can't do a review of any gun with bringing up how bad a CVA is.

It gets old.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

i know folks who were on the range when a CVA bolt action muzzleloader blew up. That "case" is cited by Wakeman and his ambulance chaser bud. The gun was loaded with a large measured charge of smokeless powder.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know nothing really about either of these guys. Sounds like a pi$$ing contest is going on. And though I am an engineer by trade, my particular discipline and work experience have given me no advantages in understanding internal ballistics. The external ballistics, I can barely handle hhese days !! What I do know is that I have used a Savage 10 ML and a CVA Optima Pro these past several years with excellent results at both the range and in the field. I figure following the info in the manufacturers' manuals, specs, etc. to the "T" is a good thing. Not doing so is a bad thing. Simple enough for me.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

yea this coming from someone with 4 total posts... like who the freak are you...
Old 05-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Banned

He tried it on another forum and it was locked up ASAP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.