Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Builder459's girl needs some help >

Builder459's girl needs some help

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Builder459's girl needs some help

Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Builder459's girl needs some help

I am starting to pack up and clean some of Ray's stuff now. He has 3 muzzle loaders. I have quite a few people who are interested in them and was wondering if I posted pics and info on them if anybody could give me ball park of what a fair asking price is. Also I need to know how to legally sell them, not sure if muzzle loaders are registered yadda yadda yadda. Sadly the shooting was something we did together and not something I will do alone. It was OUR thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by builder459
I am starting to pack up and clean some of Ray's stuff now. He has 3 muzzle loaders. I have quite a few people who are interested in them and was wondering if I posted pics and info on them if anybody could give me ball park of what a fair asking price is.
If you need any help with posting let me know and/or I will post them for you. I can also post the information on some other forums to get a little wider exposure.

Also I need to know how to legally sell them, not sure if muzzle loaders are registered yadda yadda yadda.
In most states ML are not considered firearms and are exempt of the rules governing regular rifles. There are 5 states/cities that are the exception to this rule. In most case the post office and UPS will ship the ML.

Sadly the shooting was something we did together and not something I will do alone. It was OUR thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am wondering... I no it was a together thing but I am wondering if time might help that you might reconsider shooting with someone else and therefore might need to retain one of those rifles???

Anyway anything I can do to help - more than willing and I am sure there will be a ton of others that will volunteer.

mike
Old 05-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The shooting thing ends for me. I am not taking his death very well. I have had to start counseling. The problem with this scenario I am in is I had 3 significant losses. I lost Ray, my stepson went back to his piece of Sh#@ mother , so I lost my stepson, and they were my life, so I have also lost my identity. I have also just found out that my dad's colon cancer that was removed in Sept, 2010 is back and has now spread to the liver and lungs. Guess the Mayan calendar was right, my world at least is ending.
The thing I miss the most was when he would sit at the computer and just prattle on about this gun and that load and which sabot. I would sit on the floor with my head on his knee and just listen to him ramble. I didn't understand half of it but that wasn't the point. When we went shooting, I would load and hit the bulls eye. He took care of everything else. That's what he did, he took care of me. I would give anything to hear him bitching about the dog hair and then come around the corner and see this 6'3 man down on the floor with a 21lb pug telling the dog "are you daddy's little man, are my guy? Give me a kiss and don't tell momma I was cheatin." I will post pic in next reply
Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

CVA Kodiak Pro Magnum .45 1:28 twist with Real Tree Hardwood synthetic stock

Knight Wolverine .50 youth camo stock that he did himself (adult stock although I have the smaller stock also camoed by him)

Thompson Triumph .50 with New Bushnell banner 3-9x40 scope mounted on it.

All are in excellent condition, no bluing rubbed off, dings or scratches.
He also has a pair of Vortex Diamondback 8x42 Binoculars used for three trips out hunting.
He also has a second scope Nikon BuckMaster 3-9x40 with one small spot where the black is scratched
Last pic in following post.
Attached Thumbnails Builder459's girl needs some help-cva-kodiak.jpg   Builder459's girl needs some help-cvakodiakclose.jpg   Builder459's girl needs some help-knight.jpg   Builder459's girl needs some help-knightclose.jpg   Builder459's girl needs some help-thompson.jpg  

Last edited by builder459; 05-12-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 05-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last picture
Attached Thumbnails Builder459's girl needs some help-thompsonclose.jpg  
Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

I'd keep that Knight, Ray was proud of it and I was going to have to paint a stock for me just like that.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The knight in that picture is the youth model and was mine. He sold his. He was darn proud of the stocks he painted himself though. I do love the fact that my stock was the test run. LOL
Old 05-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

"I am not taking his death very well"

And you should not be! You have been handed a more than your fair share to start this year. But I know it is not more than you can bear. No matter what, continue the counseling. You need an outlet for your sadness and anger. I consider myself a "tough guy" but counseling has helped me more than once in my life. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. The fact that you are already handling some stuff is an indication you are doing that. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

21lb pug
Pugs are expert when it comes to bringing out the goofy in a person - very charming dogs.

I am sorry for your loss.

Peace.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

we all grieve our own way. My Mother died on Mothers day 2005 from congestive heart failure, and diabetes. My father died a month and 8 days later. A couple days before fathers day he died of lung cancer. My sisters took everything from the house and left me with bills. I know what it is like to feel like your world is ending. It's not. I know it feels like it and the sore will take a long time to heal and there will always be a scab. I am not going to give you any "what you should do's". all I can say is I am sorry and good luck. it will get better. Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.