Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Interesting read about Knight >

Interesting read about Knight

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Interesting read about Knight

Old 05-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Spike

I purchased a new Mountaineer as well. I've had several Knights through the years and for an inline muzzleloader, I honestly can't see why anyone would want to shoot something else. I've killed alot of game with my disc extreme. It's just hard to beat. I know the break opens are the new schnizit and all, but I've personally never had to remove my breech plug while out in the field. I'm going with one shot and other than my TC Hawken's on the primitive side, it's always been a Knight. I'm sure all customer service can be up and down at times, but I've had nothing but good things to say. Plus, to me, 100% American Made is where it's at in my book.

As far as TB goes, I've never met him, but from the sound of things, I'm sure things would be fine for TB if the money was still flowing in from Knight. Who knows. My Dad always said believe nothing you read and half what you see....
Old 05-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

One very important reason for someone to buy something else is the price. Some guys just buy a ML to hunt an extra season, and don't want to spend anymore than they have to.

You can but a CVA Wolf for less than $200, and it will shoot MOA with the right load. Hard to convince someone they need a Knight.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Spike

Default mountaineer

I know this is thread is several months old, but I have a new Mountaineer and couldn't be more satisfied and felt I should add my opinion.

I've had never owned a muzzleloader before this one and with the help and advice of a couple of posters here (ronglaughlin and sabotloader) and about 12 shots later, I can shoot a 2" group at 150 yds, maybe not great, but I'm more than satisfied with it. I'm sure a better shooter could be even more accurate. I'm using BH209, and have shot it 20 times without cleaning and steadily shooting a tight group.

My buddy is shooting a new TC Triumph with Pyrodex pellets. It seems much more finicky. After a few shots, it quickly seems to begin to lose accuracy and must be cleaned.