Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Interesting read about Knight >

Interesting read about Knight

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Interesting read about Knight

Old 05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

you can see on the tag the barrel is back 3/8in or more to much witch puts the bolt back and not line up with the stock right this would not have lift knight like that it would not have gone together so by by toby and knight just keep on smoking
Old 05-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

When i first heard Knight Rifles was sponsoring Toby Bridges i new future problems would arise. After the fiasco with savage Arms and Henry Ball how could anyone ever trust him again? After looking at Tobys sight it does look like Knight has finnaly stopped sponsoring him. It would not surprise me if we see blown up muzzleloaders and faulty parts coming from Toby and his friends. I guess we will sit back and see what he comes up with next.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Considering his past issues with Savage, Knight (when Tony owned it), Pedersoli and an internet provider.... his actions don't surprise me. The article makes me wonder if he would of printed it if he had gotten a free Mountaineer for review.

"How to blow up a Savage" is another interesting article and if any of it is true...TB should be shunned by all sponsors.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 05-07-2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

About a lot of that I have two grains of salt. But the part about the customer service some of our club that bought from the new company have put on a show of all there attempts to gain contact and complain that they never received any response what so ever. The problems were relatively minor and my self and an other fellow who has a bit of tooling corrected them. It bothers me greatly that they did not even get a response, but they mostly tried by e-mail and telephone and I would have sent a few registered letters, so I have some questions about that also. Having had Knights from the original company I can say for sure they never play their customers that way.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

I have never been a TB fan by no means, so, I can only speak on the Knights that I own. I do own a new Mountaineer and I an older Disc Extreme and and MHC. I have tried to interchange the bolts in them and it does not work at all for me. I have had a couple of issues with the Mountaineer, the first was my fault, not the company or the gun itself. I called and got things taken care of quickly. The second, the butt pad flaked away, I called Knight and they had me send the whole stock back in to replace the pad, since these are not made in house they had to replace the stock as well. I will admit, I don't like the colors in my new stock as well as I did my old stock but very shape to say the least. Again, quick service and no charge at all. I was handled very well. I love my Knights and will continue to shoot and buy their equipment. Toby at one time could not say enough "Great" things about Knight,now he can't seem to say anything positive about them. Amazing what the dollar has control of!!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

It is funny when you stop the dollor bad thens are said he goes for who pays him thats it are gives him supplys his word is not worth spit I have had very good customer service with knight and when I order parts for upgrading and old gun everything has worked great
Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I quit reading what Toby said when he tried to convince his readers that round balls were inhumane and shouldn't be used on anything larger than small game...

Funny, I've got magazines and a book or two from the 70s that show him with both deer and hogs killed with flinters and roundballs...Just isn't any money in pushing traditional muzzleloaders....

Working for Deere for many years made me leary of self proclaimed ex-spurts, I've seen plenty in my time....
Old 05-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
TB already does that for Traditions.
Traditions better watch out. If TB is the least bit under paid. They'll have a bulls eye ont the back of there head to! Lol
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

What will we do when Toby blows up every gun made?

We'll have to go to bows.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Spike

I've had no problem with Knight Rifles customer service. I ordered some parts for my LRH and had no problem receiving them in less than a week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.