Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Vermin load?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

.22 CB will sure do the job, and very little muzzle noise. Cats also make great bait for FOX and YOTS.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by idahoron
A fish hook, a piece of fish, and a bucket full of water. Ron
NAAAAHHH...I just can't be that guy. End it quick! Believe it or not, they're tougher than you think. I sent a couple of them rollin' and they were back on their feet and going again. Musta had one or two of those "nine lives" saved up. It slowed them down enough to where the second shot trumped whatever aces they had in the hole.

BPS
Old 05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am that guy. Ron
Old 05-03-2012, 08:06 AM
NEK
Fork Horn

Shootin them works best - but if you can't get a clean shot - I use a live trap and when you have it trapped - put trap and all in a garbage can full of water - walk away and forget it for a couple of hours. End of problem.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm finding it hard to believe you guys care about a humane kill on the game you hunt. If you can torture a cat.

Before you say something. I hardly let my dog kill all the cats in the neighborhood. Pit bulls get a bad enough rap as it is. It was a joke.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:57 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'm finding it hard to believe you guys care about a humane kill on the game you hunt. If you can torture a cat.

Before you say something. I hardly let my dog kill all the cats in the neighborhood. Pit bulls get a bad enough rap as it is. It was a joke.
This is not a joke. Sorry about the thread hijack - but sometimes I can't resist.
Most people don't really hate cats - at least I don't - but the cats are paying the price with their lives, for their irresponsible owners who let them run all over the countryside doing the damage they do to the small game and wild bird populations, crapping in my garden where I work the ground with my hands and am always running into cat poop, and they love to walk up the hood of my truck and pee on the windshield. They walk past the sliding glass doors on my porch and see their reflection and pee on them too. To me, cats are like ants and cockroaches.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never mentioned killing them. If you feel you need to. Kill them fast.

I'm not into seeing any animal suffer.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't care much for cats. They tend to be stringy and strong tasting.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Semisane
I don't care much for cats. They tend to be stringy and strong tasting.
Skin them next time.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't shoot in town so silent is the only way. Most of the time I use a live trap and drop it in a bucket or barrel of water. I only break out the fish hooks when necessary. I hate wild cats. Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.