Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
OT, I smoked a cattle killer. >

OT, I smoked a cattle killer.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

OT, I smoked a cattle killer.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
I once had a woman chew me out when she found out I'd shot a coyote. She claimed they were just an innocent wild canine species, that fed on rabbits, squirrels and mice. When I tried to tell her the real truth, she just went wild, telling me off. Its strange how people really have no idea of the dangers coyotes present.

That calf is a valuable item. But that dead coyote is at least some pay back. Nice shooting!!
Tree-hugging,enviro-nazi,liberals all have one common trait.They never let the facts get in the way of their opinion.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would definitely leave the bait out there and set up for the other one....it will be back.

Good shootin!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good job Ron.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

With the cow not being nearby might indicate a stillborn? Who knows maybe the yote just followed the crows in???

In any case, I would still shoot it with extreme prejudice.

HA
Old 04-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I talked to the rancher today. He was very happy that I canned this dog. We talked about the situation for quite a while. The cow was a new mother, and she was gone. It is very tough to say if they were still born or not. When I walked up to them they were still warm enough to steam in the cold morning. After talking to him we think the first calf was killed as she was giving birth to the second. Why she gave up and left is anyone's guess but her being a first time mom was probably most of the problem.
I was given instructions to keep that rifle handy when I am out there I am welcome on two ranches to kill coyotes. Also I was told to look him up at hunting time!!! WHoo Whoo!! Ron
Old 04-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job, I will bust one anytime I get the chance
Old 04-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

i kill a lot of coyotes. Most are called in and shot with a centerfire rifle or shotgun. Its a distinct pleasure to zap one with a muzzleloader.

Wildlife agencies should reward hunters who kill coyotes. Example: During muzzleloader season the Ft. Sill Wildlife Center holds drawings at noon each day for the next days hunting. Hunters who kill a coyote are first in line.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Nice shooting man. These critters are on my list of todo's.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Nice job. Hope you can get a few more. To bad about the calf.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

kill em all,there vermin!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.