Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Good luck at D1CKS Sporting goods... >

Good luck at D1CKS Sporting goods...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Good luck at D1CKS Sporting goods...

Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Dick's in our area is a waste of time period. If they do have what I am looking for it usually is twice the price.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

their coupons suck too, about 25 excepions on what the coupon can be used for. I personaly don't need more than ammo, and the coupons cannot be used for that. their other lines of sporting stuff must sell well.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've noticed this at most sporting goods stores. Back say 10 years ago after late ML Season (here Mid December) I could go to wal-mart and find all kinds of mark downs and great deals on everything from clothes to MLers.
Now adays you'r lucky to get what you need befor the seasons start. It seems as the stores know there going to have left overs and they lose when this happens, so to avoid losing money the dont order near as much as they used to. Now they order less and sell it and that's it, they dont lose.
I'll never forget the one time after the season ended wal-mart had a bunch of Mossy Oak Blaze Orange Gore Tex Hunting Jackets, Bibs and Coats that all originally sold for over $100 each. I bought a pair of Bibs for $15 and the Coat for $17 and 2 Jackets for $10ea. plus I got Connie a Coat and Bibs for $15ea. If I bouth this stuff when it first went on sale I'd have spent over $700 on the stuff, after the season I got it all for around $82.00! and this is just one example, those days are over.
But every now and then If I wanted a CVA I could save almost half off the price of the leftovers, but mostly what's left now is a few packs of Bullets and some cleaning stuff....
(BP)
Old 04-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Spike

We do not have a single dedicated gunstore in town except for a couple tiny hole in the walls. Nor any gunsmiths. But....

...the Basspro here has enough room for a Tracker Boat marine shop, a huge indoor shooting gallery, an indoor casting pond to test rods and reels. Wide spaces between the aisles and a wall of guns like a government armory. The second floor- no elevators, about 45 steps to get up there. Takes all day to find stuff down one aisle among the 60-70 or so. Walking in from your car is like a South East conference football stadium where it takes awhile to find the way out the parking lot back to the street.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Banned

The name of the store should say it all LOL.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a few BP Bullets , etc right at the end of the BP season . The prices were reduced and the supply went by fast . Same thing at WalMart . Even Biekirck's ( big supplier in Rochester area ) had most of their BP items go fast .
When the season is over , the stores don't re-supply until just before the next season . Shelf / rack space is valuable .
Old 05-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I've purchased a few things at Dicks. Nothing major. But just yesterday I picked up a small handgun safe that I can keep on my night stand or drawer to keep it out of reach of my grandchildren. It has either key or push button entry and only $60. Good insurance agains little hands.