Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
the used 54 renegade >

the used 54 renegade

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

the used 54 renegade

Old 04-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great - the over powder wads I ordered didn't come in. I called and they never got my web order! Checked my CC activity and nothing there. I guess I never completed the order. Just reordered today. grrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader

Also 60 grains of T7 would be worth about 85-90 grains of real BP.
Sabotloader,

Are you sure about that? Seems that everything that I heard and read states that Triple 7 is approx. 15% over an equivalent load of black powder. That would make a 60gr. load of T7 equal to a 69gr. load of BP

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 04-15-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

BPS - no matter, this is a flinter and I only plan on using black powder. I am not going to fuss with the combo load of bp and a sub.
I can't wait to get out and see how this shoots with the over powder wads. I hate having a rifle sitting around that is not sighted in or has an accurate load for it. Drives me nuts.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Sabotloader,

Are you sure about that? Seems that everything that I heard and read states that Triple 7 is approx. 15% over an equivalent load of black powder. That would make a 60gr. load of T7 equal to a 69gr. load of BP

BPS
You are correct and t7-3f is estmated to be 10% hotter than t7-2f - thus using t7-3f you in the neighborhood of 25%...
Old 04-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

there is a known issue with the older renegade stocks cracking. mine cracked at the hand grip behind the lock.they told me lifetime warranty and to send it in but i had already cut mine up for scrap. they told me they were in the process of opening the custom shop again and that i could buy a new stock for like 200$.i told them i could send them the pieces. guy on the phone said it was worth a try. you can find used stocks on ebay sometimes for under 100$.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I dropped an email to T/C to see what they could do about the cracked stock. They replied that they no longer have any Renegade stocks. But they did offer to mail me a shipping label and they would send me a reimbursement for the entire rifle. When I asked how much they wouldn't say. Only that it would probably be low due to depreciation. I went with a counter offer that if I could find a stock on Ebay at a reasonable cost would they cover it. To my surprise they said that if I sent them the receipt they would reimburse me. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I dropped an email to T/C to see what they could do about the cracked stock. They replied that they no longer have any Renegade stocks. But they did offer to mail me a shipping label and they would send me a reimbursement for the entire rifle. When I asked how much they wouldn't say. Only that it would probably be low due to depreciation. I went with a counter offer that if I could find a stock on Ebay at a reasonable cost would they cover it. To my surprise they said that if I sent them the receipt they would reimburse me. Sounds like a good deal to me.
It's a crying shame that T/C no longer has parts available for their earlier guns. Kind of like an end to an era. At least they were willing to help you out with reimbursement for a replacement stock if you find what you need on Ebay. They are still a top notch company as far as I'm concerned.

BPS