Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
PECATONICA RIVER Long Rifle Supply Co. >

PECATONICA RIVER Long Rifle Supply Co.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

PECATONICA RIVER Long Rifle Supply Co.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

He hasn't been back since making the post, so he hasn't seen our comments yet.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:44 AM
Spike

Default Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply, Inc

I am back!!!!!!!!!!!

The kit is being put together by a gunsmith one who knows his way around muzzleloaders.

With regard sending it back, I'm half way around the world away, and the guy there is not interested in my problem with his kit!

As he said, all they make is the wood work!!!

Cheers.............clayman49
Old 05-18-2017, 08:53 AM
Spike

Default Original H&A Underhammer

For those of you who are knocking my comments on an "OLD" thread, wouldn't you want to know when a product is no good!

I bought an original H&A Underhammer in kit form and it was great, wish I hadn't sold it now.

Take a look:-

MVI 0005 hit

this was put on youtube and not by me!

For warned is for armed.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have used several of their pre-carved stock blanks and have always been satisfied.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by clayman49
For those of you who are knocking my comments on an "OLD" thread, wouldn't you want to know when a product is no good!

I bought an original H&A Underhammer in kit form and it was great, wish I hadn't sold it now.

I always wonder about threads like these, I mean, if you were a competitor and these were your first posts my first thought would be- spam.
Clearly, that is not the case.

It strikes me that participants of online forums forget or lose sight of the fact that they (we) do not exist in a vacuum- there are many registered users who lurk, there are many readers around the world who never register but do read, nonetheless.

While I have no idea the real numbers, my guess is that the number of active users of any forum is far less than the number of lurkers.

So, here's a guy who finally felt it was appropriate to contribute; the fact that a handful of people did not share, or do not like, his experience does not make him wrong, suspect, nor does it invalidate said experience.

OP- pics may serve both to further illustrate your particular issues & encourage a discussion of solutions.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

When someone joins a forum just to give a negative review of a product and bumps a 5yr old thread at that.....It sends up a huge red flag for me.

Its not like he has been a lurking member for years. He joined just to give a bad review the same day as joining. Im betting any other contribution to the forum will be minimal or totally nonexistent. He hasn't even logged in since his last post.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've done business with the company he's ragging on. I was more than satisfied.
Pecatonica also supplies a lot of the items in the Track of The Wolf kits. Including the stocks.

I'm not saying he's not being truthful, but when everybody else has had positive experiences with the same company. We have to question it.

All it takes is one thread like this to really hurt a business.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here's my experience with them. First I bought a maple stock for my T/C hawken. I had a fitting issue that I was able to resolved with a bit of wood work. But I did call them and told them and they said that they would definitely look into it so the next person wouldn't have an issue.
Second, a couple years ago I called to see if they had a .59 cal GM drop in barrel for my Renegade. The guy told me that they didn't have any more. BUT, about an hour later the same guy called me and told me that the owner had one he was taking to a gun show and asked me if I wanted it. Now that's customer service.