Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I might have broke a Pro Diamond Scope >

I might have broke a Pro Diamond Scope

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I might have broke a Pro Diamond Scope

Old 03-16-2012, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
We never really had a true winter this year.
Ain't that the truth. Most years I'm finishing up my ice fishing season about now. I actually got both of my gardens tilled and ready to plant this week. I usually can't do anything with them (too wet) until late April-Early May. My wife and I saw a Buck still carrying both of his antlers last week and that's the latest I've EVER seen that happen.

BPS
Old 03-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I had a Robin in the yard the other day. That's always been said a sure sign of spring in Wisconsin. He's a few weeks early for up north here. I have not worked the gardens yet. They are still snow covered in the back yard here. I do have 72 tomato seedlings growing. But where I am at we usually don't plant until the first week in June. And have had frost even then. So this is strange weather.

Now I have 10 logger cord (4' high x 4' wide x 8' long or 24 face cord for the city people) of maple firewood delivered and waiting to be cut. I have an addition to build on the garage, and the orthopedic surgeon wants to replace my knee.. I have better things to do.

The weather man out of Duluth MN said we have a week of above average temps coming. That should melt all this snow in the yard. The snow piles will take a while. But to give you an idea of how early this spring is.. there was one year I went snowmobiling in the last week of April and even a short run, the first week of May. The snow was bad, but there was enough to get the machine out. Still it was cool enough this morning, that I needed a fire to warm the house up.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be interesting to see if the scope is really broke. I have 2 and haven't broke one yet (despite dropping one of them on concrete 2 times), but I don't think I have 500 shots through either of them. The oldest one maybe has 200 shots or so....

Yeah, this "winter" has been really strange. Not that I'm complaining too much, normally we're freezing our butts off all winter...