Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura V2

Old 03-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Spike

Yessir- That one there was untouched, the second of my two Optimas. The firing pin is a little longer than the other one, and needs to be shortened a bit before use, I think. I slotted that bit and shimmed the bushing with a 1/4" rubber band behind the original o-ring. My other Optima just needed a 1/16" thick o-ring to make it flush.

This bit works great and pulls that bushing down snug. It'll be nice to have on hand.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Spike

Oops- doubled up!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Hey Muley

More bad news old man. Was just now looking at the new MR on the CVA website. It doesn't come with sights. It has no sights. There are no sights!! To use your 'dream rifle' you not only will have to purchase a made for BH breech plug, you will also have to purchase sights. Things aren't looking so very good when it comes to comparing costs of your 'dream' CVA rifle compared to the cost of my 'dream', Dream Season Omega. Sorry about that old man!

I just need to head over to Scheels this morning, and purchase a new TC Dream Season for $399.99. It comes with sights. It comes with a breech plug that ignites the power of choice. It weighs the same as the MR. What's not to like for at least $200 less?!?

Yer not going to enjoy the taste of that crow old boy! Perhaps some Tabasco?!?!

Don'cha just love the way it feels in the middle of a gloat?!? Oh, wait, you don't know what that feels like.
Oops! Sorry Ron again. Carlos will be selling the black MR for $350.

My price is still much better than that.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Banned

i freakin paid more for my V1 Accura when it first came out!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Muley,

You gots any Tabasco i can have?

My brain is having a lot of trouble with news you're getting your new dream rifle for so cheap. How come you get that rifle for cheap? To my knowledge you have no friends.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have one.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Oops! Sorry Ron again. Carlos will be selling the black MR for $350.

My price is still much better than that.
I tell you what if you are paying less than 350.00 for you gun, I would like to know where you are getting it from, so I can contact this person and buy every one he gets in, and I know you are not getting it free from CVA, they don't give them away to any one, and I' serious as a heart attack that if the price you are bragging about is below 250.00 or 280.00 or even 290.00, just let me know or have the place you are getting this gun from contact me and I will buy every one they.
Carlos

Last edited by cvilorio; 03-15-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:24 AM
Fork Horn

This is all very good discussion and of course brand loyalty always has to get in the way. Oh well, to each his/her own!

The one thing that still puzzles me is the 50 shots with 777 before things started to go south! I don't even know how the issue got to this point as 777 is notorious for fouling up a barrel. I'm surprised he could even get a bullet down the barrel after 15 shots!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Myself, i couldn't have gotten a bullet to the powder after 5 shots. I believe he swabbed the barrel between shots. It took 50 shots for the blow by to plug up the firing pin way, is how i took it.

Right or wrong, it has seemed to me that fella that shoot real real good rifle don't push them, they just enjoy them. Fella shooting decent rifle kinda push them, because they are insecure. Then there is the 'hawk'. Several fella are 'hawk', and it is obvious who they are. What they write is written with prejudice, and they receive free and/or inexpensive products for their efforts.